• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I've Actually Sat In The Elio And Here Is One Thing I Would Change!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Lil4x Nice entry to the thread (kinda long) but I went through the whole thing and picked out different items you mentioned to add to the list. Some are really great ideas (I like the Prism, wish I would have had that for my Magnum)
I'll post what I have a little later today.
Maybe even make it a sticky

Reactions: Ekh

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Auburn, Duesenberg, and several other luxury sports cars of the '30s had a popular feature - a small hatch aft of the doors that provided accessible stowage for your golf clubs.
1984%20motorhome%20035-001.JPG

one can see many great ideas from the past at the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum .... anyone who enjoys looking at automobiles that are a work of art will most certainly enjoy this museum

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is not a change but an add on. Both of our cars have "rain guards" on the windows. This are a great product and I'm surprised more people don't use them. The advantage is that you can leave your windows cracked an inch or two and if it rains no water gets inside. Now, the reason to leave the window cracked is because of heat. We live in south Texas and it gets sweltering sometimes... it's 104 out side right now. Leaving a car in the sun with the windows rolled up tight can cause the temp inside to get to 150 or even higher. This is terrible for the interior vinyl and especially leather, causing it to become brittle and crack. So, even when there is no chance of rain they are still useful. As a bonus they tend to hide the fact that your window are cracked so you don't attract thieves. I hope someone will make these for the Elio, I'll be the first to buy a pair. ;)

injection_moulding_car_window_visors_for_prado_2010_fj150_sun_rain_guard.jpg

I had another thought about this. Eleos will be made of mostly parts that already exist, right? Ok, if the windows are from an existing car then there will probably be no problem getting the shields. All we would need to know is what car they're from....

p.s. The forum web master should add more emoticons.... please. :D

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had another thought about this. Eleos will be made of mostly parts that already exist, right? Ok, if the windows are from an existing car then there will probably be no problem getting the shields. All we would need to know is what car they're from....

I love those "shields" (Vent Visors, Vent Shades, etc.) too. I have no doubt there will be enough demand that those aftermarket companies will make some that fit the Elio perfectly! I do wonder what the additional "drag" will do to the mileage, tho. On the other hand, window tint won't hurt mileage at all...but, wont keep the rain out.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I love those "shields" (Vent Visors, Vent Shades, etc.) too. I have no doubt there will be enough demand that those aftermarket companies will make some that fit the Elio perfectly! I do wonder what the additional "drag" will do to the mileage, tho. On the other hand, window tint won't hurt mileage at all...but, wont keep the rain out.

Some one mentioned the drag earlier. I've looked closely at the shields on both of my cars and I firmly believe that due to their design the drag will be almost nil. In other words, I think they will cost you about one dollar in gas over 100,000 miles.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I've thought about that very thing a number of times; my Magnum had the limo tint windows on 5 of the 7 windows (not counting windshield) so why didn't they tint the front ones? Because the laws regarding front window tint varies from state to state; so rather than factory tinting them, you have to do it yourself.

Top Bottom