• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Couldn't Wait

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And all this time I thought all Pacific NorthWesterners were already living off-grid! :D

Gotta own a house before you can put solar panels on it. Landlords frown upon nailing things to their roofs. But we're yet young, and my wife and I are trying to be smart about our finances and our saving up for a little plot of land to build a tiny house on :) With a Leaf and an Elio parked out front, and chickens running around the apple trees out back :love_heart:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some inspiration perhaps? :D

green_acres-300x204.jpg

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Gotta own a house before you can put solar panels on it. Landlords frown upon nailing things to their roofs. But we're yet young, and my wife and I are trying to be smart about our finances and our saving up for a little plot of land to build a tiny house on :) With a Leaf and an Elio parked out front, and chickens running around the apple trees out back :love_heart:
You aren't going to have a tiny garage for the Elio? Shame on you. :nono:
And I thought it was "2 cats in the yard".

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
X:XXXIII, let's see if I can remember how to save $1,500--, push the left pedal down, put it in gear, right foot off the brake and OUCH!! my knees still hurt. Why is EM taking advantage of this handicapped old guy on a fixed income.??

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Joe Everyman, being the conspiracy theorist that he already was,...
Suspected that surely Elio Motors must have installed the 80lb. clutch...
As a veiled ploy to get him to upgrade to the automatic transmission."

Last edited:

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Joe Everyman, being the conspiracy theorist that he already was,...
Suspected that surely Elio Motors must have installed the 80lb. clutch...
As a veiled ploy to get him to upgrade to the automatic transmission."

Not a conspiracy theorist. I think it was a judgement call from a single 250 lb. gorilla who said "that's good enough." So the uninformed went forward with the plan. We can hope that it gets a poor review from the 100 test drivers and a solution is found. I really want an automatic of some description, but not at a $1500 upgrade. CNC lathe work on a torque converter has got to be cheaper than machining on a gear cutter. So why the premium for a clutch and gear box?

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not a conspiracy theorist. I think it was a judgement call from a single 250 lb. gorilla who said "that's good enough." So the uninformed went forward with the plan. We can hope that it gets a poor review from the 100 test drivers and a solution is found. I really want an automatic of some description, but not at a $1500 upgrade. CNC lathe work on a torque converter has got to be cheaper than machining on a gear cutter. So why the premium for a clutch and gear box?

What did PT Barnum say? I agree the
fab cost between the 5spd & the AMT
has to be minimal. All the rest is
perception of which mmarketing is 90%.....

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe we should all worry more about a major event at the Yellowstone Calder.
Or perhaps the other five know super volcanoes in the world, of which two more are in the western United States.
Katrina was the root cause of the damage in New Orleans, but the major flooding was caused by the failure of the levies.
I would be surprised if 10% of the allocated money for the levies made it past the corruption that is New Orleans politics. This has been an issue for 100 years. It is a lifestyle that predates even Huey Long and his political machine. It's hard to build it right on 10% or less.

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You're in Houston? Is it flooding in your area?
I saw on the news today that Houston was experiencing life threatening flooding, and that they told people to stay home.
How well does the Cruze float? <just kidding>
From the looks of the area, it's bad down there.
I am on North East side of Clear Lake 5 minutes from the bay and also from NASA, Southeast of HTown halfway between there and Galveston. Heavy showers only in Seabrook and most flooding was in north and northwest Houston. As hurricane Ike went through my front door in 2008, I get nervous when water starts getting high.

Top Bottom