• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hobbies Of Elio Owners

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know if it's a hobby, or an obsession, but I've got 3 Porsche 914s. A '73, '74, and a '75 (three more, and I have the whole set!:)). The '75's pretty rough chassis-wise, so the plan for that one is to shortened Jeep Wrangler frame under it, keep it mid-engine, and make a wicked little mud-truck out of it (mud's big out here, we've got loads of it). The '74 was my most recent purchase and is completely unaltered...gonna keep her that way. In the process of an engine rebuild and a little rust repair on the firewall...should be sweet. The '73 had a beefed up chassis and fender flares. The guy I bought if from was going to put a Chevy 350 in it, but lost interest. It's getting one of my spare Subaru SVX engines stuffed in it (All aluminum 3.3L, dual OHC flat 6), should be around 300 hp after all the tweeks...ought to be quite a go-cart when it's done. :D

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I tried but all I got was an ad page telling me how I could start my own site. :) Z
I think I know what happened, make sure you do the whole address www.sbcarver.wix.com/sbcarver . I tried to just click on the address and it didn't like so it looks like you may need to copy and paste it to search properly or just enter it manually. What a pain when the automation that's supposed to work doesn't!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think I know what happened, make sure you do the whole address www.sbcarver.wix.com/sbcarver . I tried to just click on the address and it didn't like so it looks like you may need to copy and paste it to search properly or just enter it manually. What a pain when the automation that's supposed to work doesn't!
WOW! It worked that way. You have some beautiful work there. Thanks for sharing. :-) Z
My favorites - Ferdinand and Winn

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mike W. : You made a mistake in post #81. You added .com on the end. That shouldn't be there. You can edit it out. Or not. Post #84 works as Zelio pointed out.
BTW, that is some nice work.

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My hobby is mostly what I did while working full time, embroidery and upholstery.
I like cars and have had a few T-buckets, custom cars and a drag car.
Right now I have 63 SS Impala downstairs on a Auto Rotisserie that I'm totally rebuilding.
Got a 67 Ford Galaxie 500 that I drive when I have the time or in the mood.
The Elio to me would be just another toy I could customize.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WOW! It worked that way. You have some beautiful work there. Thanks for sharing. :) Z
My favorites - Ferdinand and Winn
Thanks mucho! Having downsized from a house has made the logistics for carving and panel preparation interesting! Still all in all it's working out pretty well. I've got Pooh waiting for me down the line and a few other things. First though, the old Hindi women. On the bright side, it keeps my mind off wondering about details of our Elio! We're getting James Bond Black, it sounds better than licorice.

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hobbies, well let's see. Mine are in degrees. The one I do some of is playing a tenor ukulele. Instrumental mostly and just for me. I really like my uke, spruce top, flame spalted maple body. I'm a legend in my own mind. I put most of my time in relief wood carving. I have been specializing in Children's Illustrated Story Books from the 1920s. Although, I'm going to do a study of an old Hindi lady for an upcoming art show. Expanding my horizons!

I'd love to be able to play a ukulele! A friend told me about the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain and I'm now a big fan of theirs. I love the way they take a well known piece of music, adapt it to the ukulele and have great fun in the process! Real music for light hearted entertainment, just like it should be.

See them here:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd love to be able to play a ukulele! A friend told me about the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain and I'm now a big fan of theirs. I love the way they take a well known piece of music, adapt it to the ukulele and have great fun in the process! Real music for light hearted entertainment, just like it should be.

See them here:

That is amazing! Thank you for sharing. :-) Z

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score

See them here:

Pretty cool wheater. Thanks for the post to help pass the time. On this side of the pond, we do it accapella without ukuleles. Check this one.

Top Bottom