• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hobbies Of Elio Owners

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd love to be able to play a ukulele! A friend told me about the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain and I'm now a big fan of theirs. I love the way they take a well known piece of music, adapt it to the ukulele and have great fun in the process! Real music for light hearted entertainment, just like it should be.

See them here:

So would I! You don't have to be a "real musician" to enjoy and have fun with it! There are several ukulele players of note (not intended as a pun, but I'll take it!) out there that I enjoy. Jake Shimabukuro and James Hill, but of the two, Jake would be the tops in shear innovative brilliance. You gotta check them out! I really like the UOGB too, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is my piece from them Do, do, do, do, do, wahh, wahh, wahhhh! Love it! You have good taste.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My hobby is mostly what I did while working full time, embroidery and upholstery.
I like cars and have had a few T-buckets, custom cars and a drag car.
Right now I have 63 SS Impala downstairs on a Auto Rotisserie that I'm totally rebuilding.
Got a 67 Ford Galaxie 500 that I drive when I have the time or in the mood.
The Elio to me would be just another toy I could customize.
What kind of drag car do you have?

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
9.64 et.jpg
What kind of drag car do you have?

It was my 69 custom car I converted to drag. No longer have it.
3300 lb, 522 Reher Morrison 850 HP engine, tube frame and lots more $$$$$ invested.
A really fun ride when in custom and drag setup.
Photo in front of my old shop.

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So would I! You don't have to be a "real musician" to enjoy and have fun with it! There are several ukulele players of note (not intended as a pun, but I'll take it!) out there that I enjoy. Jake Shimabukuro and James Hill, but of the two, Jake would be the tops in shear innovative brilliance. You gotta check them out! I really like the UOGB too, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is my piece from them Do, do, do, do, do, wahh, wahh, wahhhh! Love it! You have good taste.
Here's my favorite ukulele player!

Nicul8

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Living in Dodge City where I was a teacher, opportunities to see live opera was very rare. But in 2006, the Metropolitan Opera began telecasting live to movie theaters around the world. It was still a 10 hour drive to Pueblo, Colorado, but at least once each season I'd make the trip. Where I live now in retirement it is still a 180 mile drive to see the Met theater broadcasts, but with the Elio I plan to make the trip often. I can even take another opera fan (if I can find one) with me in the rear seat. A couple of gallons of gas, $18 for the ticket, some popcorn and soda, I'll be in opera Nirvana. (They still show subtitles during the opera on the big screen, even the ones in English. And during intermissions, the camera goes backstage and you get to watch all the stage hands scramble to get ready for the next act. Check out the Met Opera page. You might get hooked on opera, too. PBS will sometimes broadcast the performances a year or so later on Great Performances.)

http://www.metopera.org/metopera/liveinhd/live-in-hd-2014-15-season

I'm lucky to have gotten to attend a handful of operas live. My high school orchestra teacher was/is a bass player in the pit orchestra for the MN Opera, so we took a couple of field trips there. In college, the music department road tripped there (4 hours) as well. I never thought about how rare it is to have opera productions going on nearby....I will appreciate this more!

Nicul8

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I tried but all I got was an ad page telling me how I could start my own site. :) Z
http://sbcarver.wix.com/sbcarver

I found it on google!

I think I know what happened, make sure you do the whole address www.sbcarver.wix.com/sbcarver . I tried to just click on the address and it didn't like so it looks like you may need to copy and paste it to search properly or just enter it manually. What a pain when the automation that's supposed to work doesn't!
Very cool!

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's my favorite ukulele player!

Nice! I never could do 2 things musically at once, or not very well. Marching band in high school at half time? Either play or march, put them together and I tended to wander! Singing I do pretty well at, playing uke, er, I do try. Put them together and, well, pretty hopeless for the ukulele anyway. That's why I prefer instrumental music and definitely for and by myself! She's good!

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice! I never could do 2 things musically at once, or not very well. Marching band in high school at half time? Either play or march, put them together and I tended to wander! Singing I do pretty well at, playing uke, er, I do try. Put them together and, well, pretty hopeless for the ukulele anyway. That's why I prefer instrumental music and definitely for and by myself! She's good!
I should have started with "welcome to the forum Mike W", so here that is now. She has LOTS of songs on Youtube. If you want to hear more, just search Emisunshine there. :)

Top Bottom