• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Guns And Stuff Related.

BigWarpGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps there's not a STATE database, but getting the background check by the FEDS to obtain a firearm is certain to put you on THEIR radar and they are the ones I'm most concerned about.

The second Amendment had NOTHING to do with hunters of animals. It had everything to do with self defense. A well regulated militia was every able bodied male using standardized weapons so they were more useful and interchangeable. The great fear was another out of control and overbearing central government which was not responsive to the people's desires. George III was the villain of the day and they didn't want another to take his place.

To keep this Elio related, is there a glove box where you could store your second amendment instrument?

I wonder if one could make a mod where ones concealed could be concealed but close at hand? Perhaps like something Q from James Bond would create for their agents? Perhaps it could be opened with a press of a finger using a finger print scanner? (just thinking out loud). :)

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if one could make a mod where ones concealed could be concealed but close at hand? Perhaps like something Q from James Bond would create for their agents? Perhaps it could be opened with a press of a finger using a finger print scanner? (just thinking out loud). :)

Maybe a leather portfolio type container secured to the right side panel with a built in holster?
There isn't a real glove box so that might serve the purpose.
Easy to get into, but conceals the side arm from view.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To keep this Elio related, is there a glove box where you could store your second amendment instrument?
This is in the General (off-topic) discussion, so no need to keep it Elio-related :)
Well, here in WA, if you have a concealed carry permit then you are required by law to keep the firearm on your person while you are in the vehicle. So no need to keep it stowed anywhere else. However, if you need to leave the gun behind in the car for some reason (say, you're walking into a courthouse or other restricted zone) then you'd want a place to lock it up out-of-sight (also the law).
Maybe a leather portfolio type container secured to the right side panel with a built in holster?
There isn't a real glove box so that might serve the purpose.
Easy to get into, but conceals the side arm from view.
An under-wheel holster might be what you want, in that scenario. Again, not very useful here in Washington State due to state law particulars, but plenty handy for other states.
r_for_steering_wheel_holster_mount_Honda_CRV_2003_with_adaptor_19138__77615.1390798392.1280.1280.jpg

As far as storing a firearm out-of-view, we've talked in this thread about mounting a steel lockbox underneath the driver's seat. I'll probably go something like that route, but at first I'll just have a hidden pouch under the seat. State law requires "locked" and "out of sight", which can mean "cover it with a newspaper on your passenger seat and lock the door". Most people aren't that lazy though, and I prefer a locking glovebox when I must leave it behind.

Rich Medon

Reaction score
Good to see this discussion! I am not real big on the long guns. Mainly handguns in my collection. Mainly Glock. My last service weapon was a G21 and I still say that, in all categories, was the best service weapon I've had. My current one is a Beretta 92D, which is a competent weapon. My first was a S&W .357. What a great duty weapon!

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I should point out that the portfolio idea is not just for storing a gun. It will also provide a handy place for service records and other important car related information. I'm actually old enough that I like to carry paper maps. I've found that when you get off the beaten path the electronic toys can lead you places that you don't want to go.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score

This is in the General (off-topic) discussion, so no need to keep it Elio-related :)

Well, here in WA, if you have a concealed carry permit then you are required by law to keep the firearm on your person while you are in the vehicle. So no need to keep it stowed anywhere else. However, if you need to leave the gun behind in the car for some reason (say, you're walking into a courthouse or other restricted zone) then you'd want a place to lock it up out-of-sight (also the law).

An under-wheel holster might be what you want, in that scenario. Again, not very useful here in Washington State due to state law particulars, but plenty handy for other states.
r_for_steering_wheel_holster_mount_Honda_CRV_2003_with_adaptor_19138__77615.1390798392.1280.1280.jpg

As far as storing a firearm out-of-view, we've talked in this thread about mounting a steel lockbox underneath the driver's seat. I'll probably go something like that route, but at first I'll just have a hidden pouch under the seat. State law requires "locked" and "out of sight", which can mean "cover it with a newspaper on your passenger seat and lock the door". Most people aren't that lazy though, and I prefer a locking glovebox when I must leave it behind.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....glad I live in Indiana !!!!!

The "law" is VERY silent on how to carry .............(we have NO concealed carry permits, just a License To Carry Handgun) :)

I have mine on my side at all times, except when driving....then it's in a leather holster attached to my center console in plain view...and my back up is always in my pocket :D

NOW..........(disclaimer) when I do HAVE to go to a federal building or the courthouse they ARE locked in a safe under the seat :(

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Current case of a fatality in a model "S" on auto pilot. Heard it while reading your post. Maybe cars do kill people. Or at least those with autopilot.
I just finished reading that article when I posted. There might not have been anything either the autopilot or a driver could have done to avoid the accident. Details of the accident are sketchy, but indicate someone was really bad.

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I should point out that the portfolio idea is not just for storing a gun. It will also provide a handy place for service records and other important car related information. I'm actually old enough that I like to carry paper maps. I've found that when you get off the beaten path the electronic toys can lead you places that you don't want to go.

Most farm and industrial equipment has a pouch on the back of the seat for manuals, etc. Wouldn't be a handy place for a firearm, but for paperwork, maps, etc., it would be good enough. I keep my registration and insurance card up in the visor on my vehicles, all other stuff is in the glovebox or center console.

I'm not a CC guy, when my guns ride along, they're in the back seat of the truck or the trunk of the car. I'll find or make a spot for em when I get an Elio.

I also like maps. Maybe I'm just old school, but the map won't ever lose signal, have an unexpected power loss, or anything else like that. Coffee won't even kill my laminated trucker's atlas.

Top Bottom