• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Guns And Stuff Related.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just modded this ebay cell phone case to open-carry my little Ruger LCP .380. $4.40 and free shipping.
It took 10 minutes with a pen, a razor knife and scissors to turn it into a nice looking custom-fit quick-draw holster.
rugerholster.jpg

Here's the LINK.
I'll post a picture with the Ruger onboard when I get more time.
This thing turned out suweeet!

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just modded this ebay cell phone case to open-carry my little Ruger LCP .380. $4.40 and free shipping.
It took 10 minutes with a pen, a razor knife and scissors to turn it into a nice looking custom-fit quick-draw holster.
Here's the LINK.
I'll post a picture with the Ruger onboard when I get more time.
This thing turned out suweeet!
rugerincase.jpg

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
That looks really good. :thumb:

You will want to put some binding (the vinyl that covers the edge of cut material) or it will run on you.
You might be able to take a tight flame (like a little butane torch) and melt the edges. Just "flash" a spot, and move it away quickly.
Running is what they're protecting from on the rest of the edges.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That looks really good. :thumb:

You will want to put some binding (the vinyl that covers the edge of cut material) or it will run on you.
You might be able to take a tight flame (like a little butane torch) and melt the edges. Just "flash" a spot, and move it away quickly.
Running is what they're protecting from on the rest of the edges.
Thanks! I thought about cauterizing the edges of the woven nylon with a lighter.
But there's not much chance of fraying. The threads are glued to a solid layer underneath.
I am going to apply a minuscule amount of super glue along the edge just to be sure.
It'll soak in, look natural and bind any possible errant threads.
Nothing elaborate and no burnt smell. :D

The LCP is about as small as they come, but these might work for other sub-compacts as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom