• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Funding Refused By Paul Elio

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do not have a ticket for the sack which may or may not contain an Elio in the end. I do have a great interest in the Elio and all Tadpole Trikes. I did a lot of searching after learning my long time friend supplied the 16 Geo motors and has several reservations. I continue to follow every whisper of possibility there will be an Elio. When it becomes a probability, I will get in the line.
The demographics of dreamer/gamblers are interesting, but totally irrelevant, as are the morals of same. The idea that morals can evolve is rather puzzling? Norms may evolve, but I think morals should not. Theft from ones employer of product or time, should still be a moral issue.
"The given unofficial purpose of paid sick days has evolved..."

Please read and comprehend.

Nowhere in anything I've posted do I suggest that morals have evolved.

RIGHT?

I was trying to communicate that the purpose of of paid sick days is (now) often...
considered (unofficially) to be a cover-all by both the employer and the employee in the U.S.
The underlying understanding of and definition of paid sick days has changed for both parties in many cases in the U.S.
I couldn't care less about your concern for the employers who still feel otherwise and feel they are being taken advantage of.
It STILL doesn't affect the behavior of the Elio early opters, and doesn't affect indicators of early opter demographics.

I understand that you seem to feel very strongly about employees that 'take advantage'.
I respect that. I really do. I hate thieves worse than I hate mimes and pointless dash boards, but...
With the current employer-employee relationships in this country, I can't really call it theft anymore. So...
If you have a serious problem with the educational system in your country and the way people use employer benefits...
Put a foot forward and find a way to affect the situations.

I personally don't care and am trying to get you to undertand that it was never a factor in the original discussion.

I do have a couple of quotes for you...
"Gees, lighten up. Life is too short for me to take this seriously."
And... "WTH is wrong with some people?"
Now who do you suppose said those things?

Last edited:

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
when I was a young man I worked for a company that gave paid sick days to all its employees. for the conscious minded employee who never got sick and had perfect attendance, management would recognize those employees and reward them by taking them out to a continental breakfast. it didn't take long to figure out that coffee and a roll cost about a dollar 50 at that time. When you compare that to the, up to five paid days off for being sick, it didn't take long to figure out where to stick your morals.

cortsdad2

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If your need for a high mpg vehicle was great in 2008, it may have been wise to consider a Geo type vehicle which exceeds 50 mpg or equivalent 100 mpg on propane. PE did the initial research and purchased 16 re-manufactured Geo engines, which are powering all of the demo vehicles so far. I would sure like to know the actual mpg of an Elio with the Geo engine? For the simple reason it should indicate if 80 mpg is possible.
How do you know Paul bought 16 remanufactured Geo motors? I haven't seen that anywhere but I am relatively new to this story (a year or so).

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How do you know Paul bought 16 remanufactured Geo motors? I haven't seen that anywhere but I am relatively new to this story (a year or so).

He / She (?) alleged in another post that he/she(?) personally knew someone who had been hired to refurbish them.

Edit at 10:33A 6/19/15 : He/She(?) refers to Reid3400

Last edited:

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I think this is a good example of how ''unsubstantiated information" could lead us to wrong conclusions. I admit that, when I first read it, I accepted it as fact. Now, I am not saying that it ISN'T true, But it would be nice if it was verified. :)

Reid3400

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is no assumption, it is a statement of my belief.
Some of my former employees insisted it was their "right" to receive as many personal phone calls as they wanted during working hours. Same moral judgement as using sick time inappropriately. The fact they are being paid for their time never occurred to them. I recommended they find more suitable employment, with their termination.
I think this is a good example of how ''unsubstantiated information" could lead us to wrong conclusions. I admit that, when I first read it, I accepted it as fact. Now, I am not saying that it ISN'T true, But it would be nice if it was verified. :)

I have been cautioned to be diplomatic in my responses. So I will try. I feel no compulsion to substantiate anything I have posted. Some people here jump on every post demanding references to everything. I will not divulge the source of the 16 engines, because I was asked not to. I did not question why. My only point in bringing it up is my direct knowledge of these engines and the mileage they attain in other vehicles. Very detailed accurate records of mileage. My interest, as stated was what mileage the Elio is getting with a Geo engine? I have competed and won a major mileage competition many years ago with an Austin Healey Sprite. We received a large silver cup from BMC for achieving over 60 ton miles per IMP gallon. (a ton mile is used to level the playing field) I know how to get the most miles out of a gallon of gas. I also know what others have done in the last few years. I simply want to know the current mileage a Geo powered Elio gets to confirm 84mpg would be possible, with the new IAV engine. I know the Elio test mule should get 60 mpg. It is simply a matter of weight, frontal area and hp. Is it getting 70 or 75? It is just something to think about while waiting another year or two?

I suggest people who demand answers, do their own searching or even better ask an Elio employee how many Geo engines they have and what the mileage is? Where they came from is irrelevant. The fact they purchased 16 is irrelevant. The fact they came from a little shop off the beaten path, is interesting, but irrelevant.
Look around the AM GENERAL Hummer test track north of Reno and you will find many innovations.
One of my sidelines is importing SS exhaust manifolds and SS turbo manifolds. If you search, you may even find me. :D

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is no assumption, it is a statement of my belief.
Some of my former employees insisted it was their "right" to receive as many personal phone calls as they wanted during working hours. Same moral judgement as using sick time inappropriately. The fact they are being paid for their time never occurred to them. I recommended they find more suitable employment, with their termination.

I have been cautioned to be diplomatic in my responses. So I will try. I feel no compulsion to substantiate anything I have posted. Some people here jump on every post demanding references to everything. I will not divulge the source of the 16 engines, because I was asked not to. I did not question why. My only point in bringing it up is my direct knowledge of these engines and the mileage they attain in other vehicles. Very detailed accurate records of mileage. My interest, as stated was what mileage the Elio is getting with a Geo engine? I have competed and won a major mileage competition many years ago with an Austin Healey Sprite. We received a large silver cup from BMC for achieving over 60 ton miles per IMP gallon. (a ton mile is used to level the playing field) I know how to get the most miles out of a gallon of gas. I also know what others have done in the last few years. I simply want to know the current mileage a Geo powered Elio gets to confirm 84mpg would be possible, with the new IAV engine. I know the Elio test mule should get 60 mpg. It is simply a matter of weight, frontal area and hp. Is it getting 70 or 75? It is just something to think about while waiting another year or two?

I suggest people who demand answers, do their own searching or even better ask an Elio employee how many Geo engines they have and what the mileage is? Where they came from is irrelevant. The fact they purchased 16 is irrelevant. The fact they came from a little shop off the beaten path, is interesting, but irrelevant.
Look around the AM GENERAL Hummer test track north of Reno and you will find many innovations.
One of my sidelines is importing SS exhaust manifolds and SS turbo manifolds. If you search, you may even find me. :D
I can understand EM not saying what the mileage was with the Geo engine. All it would do is generate more questions and criticisms for them to address. Look what happened to them when the engine ceremony did not occur. They would have everything to lose and nothing to gain. I too would like to know that number, but if I were them, I would not give it out either.

Top Bottom