• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

First Robotics

WilliamH

Elio Addict
That's just what a robot would say...
Im semi retired, (ha ha, quit my job and not looking) but I still have to get the 2 kids off to school, so I can't go to vampire hours like you..

3AM your time is Midnight Pacific time.
Vampire hours?
I don't think so.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
3AM your time is Midnight Pacific time.
Vampire hours?
I don't think so.
2016-02-06 11_20_22-RUCRAYZE _ Elio Owners.jpg

I must be old, I haven't seen 12am in years, not even on new years eve..

karl

Elio Addict
My kids have kids, Been there done that. There was a time in my life when my day started at 0400. It was not unusual to be passed out by 2100. The kids lived at home back then too.

Last edited:

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Wow. What a weekend...
We ended up 2nd (out of 39) in the qualification rounds.
Made it through quarter finals undefeated. (It's a best of three). Lost one in semifinals, but went on to win.
Here's where it gets tricky!
We lost the first final round.
We lost the 2nd final round.
But wait... The judges screwed up and awarded all of our alliance's shooting points to the other team. Reversed the outcome, and we won the 2nd round. Now tied 1-1.
Final match.
One thing you should know is the points are shown on a screen. But when the match is over, the judges get together to discuss things, like fouls and what-not. The points always change by 5-10 points from what is displayed at the end to the final. So the 2nd game, we had a large lead at the end of the game, like 60 - 100. When they showed the final score the other team won by like 120 - 110. We knew that wasn't right, so that's why we questioned it, then found out the judges messed up and they reversed it back to like, 90 - 100 or something like that.
So now we're at the last match. We played awesome! Game ended 130 - 91 favoring us. They took FOREVER to discuss. Final score ended up 150 - 130 THEM!! Somehow thy got 50 points added! We noticed that they didn't give us all our shot points or give us credit for defeating the defenses, but they didn't want to change the score twice in a row. Game - set - match. We leave the competition in 2nd place, but feeling a bit robbed. We did get an engineering excellence award, so that's pretty cool.
Next week is another district event that we hope to do just as well at to allow us to go to the district championships next month.
Phew. I'm exhausted!
So electroken, how's it going for you guys?

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Wow. What a weekend...
We ended up 2nd (out of 39) in the qualification rounds.
Made it through quarter finals undefeated. (It's a best of three). Lost one in semifinals, but went on to win.
Here's where it gets tricky!
We lost the first final round.
We lost the 2nd final round.
But wait... The judges screwed up and awarded all of our alliance's shooting points to the other team. Reversed the outcome, and we won the 2nd round. Now tied 1-1.
Final match.
One thing you should know is the points are shown on a screen. But when the match is over, the judges get together to discuss things, like fouls and what-not. The points always change by 5-10 points from what is displayed at the end to the final. So the 2nd game, we had a large lead at the end of the game, like 60 - 100. When they showed the final score the other team won by like 120 - 110. We knew that wasn't right, so that's why we questioned it, then found out the judges messed up and they reversed it back to like, 90 - 100 or something like that.
So now we're at the last match. We played awesome! Game ended 130 - 91 favoring us. They took FOREVER to discuss. Final score ended up 150 - 130 THEM!! Somehow thy got 50 points added! We noticed that they didn't give us all our shot points or give us credit for defeating the defenses, but they didn't want to change the score twice in a row. Game - set - match. We leave the competition in 2nd place, but feeling a bit robbed. We did get an engineering excellence award, so that's pretty cool.
Next week is another district event that we hope to do just as well at to allow us to go to the district championships next month.
Phew. I'm exhausted!
So electroken, how's it going for you guys?

Congrats to you and your team!:D

Here's a suggestion. How about ditching the "error prone" judges, and create some robots to score the event. :cool: Six or less strategically place on the "playing field" collecting real-time data on all the robots and items being moved. No more errors or opinions from fallible humans. Seems like it'd be simple compared to the programming required to get your bots to do what they need to do.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Congrats to you and your team!:D

Here's a suggestion. How about ditching the "error prone" judges, and create some robots to score the event. :cool: Six or less strategically place on the "playing field" collecting real-time data on all the robots and items being moved. No more errors or opinions from fallible humans. Seems like it'd be simple compared to the programming required to get your bots to do what they need to do.
Thanks!
I believe there is some auto scoring, and there should probably be more. It would be difficult, but certainly do-able!