• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

First Robotics

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Man, sorry you're not making it out, Comp...I was looking forward to it. And maybe I forgot to mention it, but I'm [apparently] the only person in the Northern Hemisphere that doesn't now, nor ever has owned a cellphone...wierd, huh. o_O I'll have to find a website, or just head on down there Friday afternoon to take in the action and hope Electokens teams up. I'll be wearing my Elio Owner's t-shirt for easy identification.:)
Try here on the day of the event then...

http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc/championship-event

electroken

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll post which of the 8 divisions we're in as soon as the assignments are released. That will make finding us suck 87.5% less.

Tonight we figure out how to get a 77.5" tall machine into a 60" tall crate.

Sawzall?

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll post which of the 8 divisions we're in as soon as the assignments are released. That will make finding us suck 87.5% less.

Tonight we figure out how to get a 77.5" tall machine into a 60" tall crate.

Sawzall?
You hear about the team that got like 300 points by themselves? Three stacked totes and three bins in auto, then just tore it up from there.
Amazing...

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just got a link to this in company email::)

FIRST@Boeing Community of Practice

[Broken External Image]
Welcome

The FIRST@Boeing Community of Practice is a site to provide communication across the company on FIRST Robotics and other FIRST events and news ~ connecting our company leaders, mentors and other FIRST volunteers.
The FIRST@Boeing Community of Practice provides Boeing employees with information for establishing or maintaining mentor relationships with teams, and engaging volunteers in a FIRST Robotics Competition or other FIRST program. Boeing invests in quality educational programs around the globe that encourage young people to study and pursue careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. FIRST(For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) is a national non-profit organization dedicated to inspiring the next generation of engineers and innovators whose skills Boeing needs to remain competitive.

GOT to be the same event electoken and his team are attending. Guess I'll have to swing by Boeing's area to see if I recognize any of the mentors.

electroken

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's definitely the same event. Boeing gives out tons of swag at this event.

Here's a picture of Talon XVI. You may recognize one of the sponsor logos on this side...

20150325_195542_zpsgnyxfjoq.jpg

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Makes perfect sense that Boeing would want to sponsor events like this. One of the kids on your team could be the next great innovator [at Boeing ;)].

See ya down there!

Top Bottom