• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

userexec

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Oh man! They had me for a few hours there. The Elio Motors campaign no longer shows up on StartEngine's main page (you can still find it under Discover, and also under the Transportation/Automotive category) so the tracker failed to update since 8 this morning. Got home on my break and repointed the tracker, so the site's up-to-date again.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
while I'm enjoying watching the growth in crowd funding numbers, I can't help but wonder if/when push comes to serve just what percentage will actually translate into investment capital .... to show support, I signed up for $500 .... with me, the actual amount will be determined by the conditions/terms presented at the time .... we may well do more, its possible we will do nothing at all .... as one who is pretty cautious when it comes to investments, I place more faith in what the chart shows are likely small pledges than I do in the huge jumps (like the one last night) that was most likely caused by a single person .... there is no doubt in my mind that there is major support for EM and to me that comes a no surprise whatsoever

Hightech

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Someone could create an account right before the timestamp; do a $500,000 donation; see what the % jumps before and after, you can always click the change reservation amount after that and put back 0

This will give a relation to see if the $ max is really set to $50m, or for what ever reason ($25m to limit share loss) or ($75m to account for non-committers)

userexec

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm thinking the $500,000 jump last night had to be fake, like someone just put it in to see if they could. The only other explanation I can think of based on the rapid jumps during those particular times at night would be large investors from Asia or India, though I didn't think an A+ offering could be simultaneously open to domestic and foreign investors. I'm looking into it, but would appreciate if someone with Reg. A+ knowledge on the matter could clear that up.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
iagree.gif

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking the $500,000 jump last night had to be fake, like someone just put it in to see if they could. The only other explanation I can think of based on the rapid jumps during those particular times at night would be large investors from Asia or India, though I didn't think an A+ offering could be simultaneously open to domestic and foreign investors. I'm looking into it, but would appreciate if someone with Reg. A+ knowledge on the matter could clear that up.
I can't disagree with that possibility. Who knows?
I will note there are some number of upper class incomes out there working overseas. And they are highly aware of the domestic production issue, and I'm guessing dearly wishing US based jobs and business were more secure. However the stark-jump in short time slots is indicative of a single player.
I would expect a bogus play to put in the max, and real players to very more from a set amount. But some very well held players could go for the max as well. It could be bogus, or it could be real. Either way, it may build confidence for real investors.

The only requirement for EM is to stop accepting real money after the program is enabled, and after they collect the max.

Top Bottom