• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Cruise Control Standard Or Add-on?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
If they are doing the "Semi" manual (no clutch) I'll probably go with that, otherwise it will have to be an automatic.
My wife knows how to drive stick, as do I; but we both have knee & foot problems.
We both would much rather have stick because of the enjoyment of driving with a stick.
She hates all of these new stability and traction control devices; when I had the Magnum, she would turn off the ESC any time she drove it.
She grew up in Canada and I'm originally from the upper Midwest so driving in adverse conditions are no big deal for us; now the other people on the road during adverse conditions scare the hell out of both of us. They have no clue what they're doing here.

Jayne Shelby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Or, they could drop the power door locks & power windows as 'standard items', make THOSE 'optional' - and give us CC as a 'standard item' - who needs power locks/windows on a tandem seat car? CC much better for mileage, not to mention convenience.

When you look at the costs associated with manual windows and locks they cost more than the power stuff. May be more reliable but, as far as costs go it's a loosing proposition.

Tre'

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With the seating arrangement being fairly low I would think the clutch on a manual would be more of an ankle movement than knee action like many of the low sports cars.
I am sure there will be many more options as it gets closer to production.

Top Bottom