• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Cruise Control Standard Or Add-on?

userexec

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I haven't seen it listed as a standard feature so far anywhere, but did notice that the elgin dash has a cruise control icon. I wish I could get you a source on this, but I think I recall from a video of a P4 showing Jerome saying that it was something they wanted to include standard if they could fit it in the price point, but that was only if. My bet is it's an inexpensive option.

I welcome being corrected on that, as I definitely want cruise control on mine and would like more details.

AJ Maxey

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I noticed that on the Elgin dash too, but in any video I've watched, nobody verbally lists it as a standard feature, but they also never say whether it's an add on. I'm very happy a/c is standard given where I live!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Well butter my britches and call me toast, found I was slightly wrong in my comment it was included; here's what I found:

From the Elio Motors FAQ

Cruise control: Will it be available?

September 22, 2014 22:26
Elio Motors
>The source for all your Elio Motors questions
>Knowledge Base

Cruise control is definitely part of the plan for the Elio. Right now it will be an option but is very high on the list to make standard if we can afford to for our $6,800 price point.

From Tech Talk v22
•Option Strategy Reduces Over Contenting – Most vehicles for sale today package options in bundles. This helps control inventory but it ultimately means that consumers are forced to pay for options they don’t want or need. Elio Motors is going about this differently by offering two basic models: a standard transmission and an automatic transmission. Every vehicle comes with AC/heat, AM/FM stereo radio, power windows and a power door lock. Customers can add other individual options such as a power leather seat, blind spot detecting mirrors, back-up camera and more. This ensures customers pay only for the options they want.

And from Comment Reply Friday 6-20-14

- From 50 or so readers this month: What about cruise control?/Stereo upgrades?/Rear view camera?
•One of the ways that we are controlling costs (for more check out this weeks Tech Talk, click here) is making a total of 14 well equipped vehicles: 2 transmissions (auto and manual) times seven colors. From there we will have an after-sale program that will allow you to make the Elio your very own. The options list will not be priced and finalized until next year but man will it allow you to do some fun things! The easiest way to communicate it is we expect to have almost every option available on a car or motorcycle today to be available through our after-sale program or through the aftermarket. So, yes, cruise control will be available as will rear view camera, multiple levels of stereo upgrades, leather drivers seat, blind spot alert and on and on.

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's what I remember as well. I'd asked about a Year ago and was told it was included. Over time it looked more like an option, even to the point "cruise control" wasn't mentioned on the standard items list.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Most likely cruise will be an option to try and stay at $6800. But hey, never no until production.

as noted in post 5, Jerome told us in Charlotte last December that if they can add cruise control and stay at $6,800 it will be standard, if not, it will be an option ....

Stephen Workman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Or, they could drop the power door locks & power windows as 'standard items', make THOSE 'optional' - and give us CC as a 'standard item' - who needs power locks/windows on a tandem seat car? CC much better for mileage, not to mention convenience.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Or, they could drop the power door locks & power windows as 'standard items', make THOSE 'optional' - and give us CC as a 'standard item' - who needs power locks/windows on a tandem seat car? CC much better for mileage, not to mention convenience.

it was reported earlier that they reason for the power window/door locks was cost .... any more, so few vehicles come with none power ones that it was just as cheap to go with the powered ones

Top Bottom