• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Birmingham Al, October 24-26, 2014

MyElio1678

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vance,Al 35490 (born and raised in California)
There you go….. Elio at the Summit.

Great location. Lots of shopping and good restaurants. Right off I-459.
Only drawback… Highway 280 can be rough during rush hour. If you plan to attend, keep that in mind.

NO joke about the traffic. Try to avoid HWY 280 before 9:00 am and the afternoon can get started as early as 4:00 sometimes. Friday will be the bad traffic day. Shouldn't have much trouble on Sat and Sun. I may be just crazy enough to go ALL three days!

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
NO joke about the traffic. Try to avoid HWY 280 before 9:00 am and the afternoon can get started as early as 4:00 sometimes. Friday will be the bad traffic day. Shouldn't have much trouble on Sat and Sun. I may be just crazy enough to go ALL three days!
That's right…

They've worked on the traffic flow and it's better than it used to be, but it's not easy to travel the length of 280 during peak hours. Thank goodness, the Summit is close to I-459. So those using I-459 won't have to travel far along 280. At rush hours, you can expect traffic to back up along I-459 on the ramps to get onto 280. Friday will be ok – just avoid rush hour for your sanity. ;)

Saturday and Sunday is much better. Typically, traffic doesn't back up too much..

Nicer restaurants are at the Summit (the Summit is a little bit "higher end"). Lots of fast food joints heading down 280 East.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
The Atlanta/Georgia contingent is getting organized for a car pool/caravan over to Birmingham on Saturday morning. We would love to have anyone in the area join us for breakfast or dinner as well.

http://www.elioowners.com/threads/birmingham-elio-tour-atlanta-area-caravan-and-car-pool.3851/

Can we do some simple co-ordination to have a Georgia contingent at the upcoming Birmingham Elio Tour stop? At this moment, the actual location hasn't been announced, but that shouldn't make too much of a difference. Hey, we're from out of town!

I was thinking we could meet at the Cumberland Mall parking area for those in North Atlanta and parts north; it's at I-75 and I-275 on the northern perimeter of Atlanta. It's a two hour carpool drive from there. We could also have a group that links up further south. Those with Elio Motors or Elioowners shirts can wear them. Keep it simple - leave in A. M., eat at the Elio mall and enjoy.

For those who have never been to the Barber Motorsports Museum, it's also in Birmingham and excellent. However, it deserves a full day's viewing if you love motorcycles (or Lotus race cars, as they have a special collection of them).

Any reason we can't make this happen?

P. S. For those who like added complexity, or just don't want the good vibes to end, we could plan to have dinner with the Alabama Elioowners.

The location is official now!

The Summit Mall
214 Summit Boulevard
Birmingham, AL

Fri - 10am-9pm
Sat - 10am-9pm
Sun - 12pm-6pm

I was planning on organizing just the sort of thing HHH commented on Saturday morning and Cumberland Mall works for me as a meet up location.

We likely need to meet up fairly early to ensure we have enough time to get over to Birmingham and eat some breakfast, maybe at Cracker Barrel near The Summit?, and still get to the Summit fairly early so we can catch the Elio team before the lines build up.

Luckily there should not be any traffic early on Saturday morning and we get an extra hour due to the time difference however we likely should meet up at about 7:30 AM in Atlanta to make sure we have time to make it over and eat breakfast before 10 AM local time in Birmingham.

We can invite those in Alabama to join us for breakfast when we arrive and dinner before we head back to Atlanta.

golfmuch

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate that I'm going to be out of town this weekend. I did make the air show last week end. I'm happy to see all the Alabama gang so close by. We will have to arrange a meet and greet. I may try to get by on sunday on the way home. If you see some crazy guy in a white Tundra pulling a 30 foot Fifth wheel trying to find a parking spot in a crowded mall...

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anyone know whether the Elio will be inside the mall or on display outside somewhere? I'm assuming inside but with the mention of the trailer and wanting to photograph them close together, it got me wondering.

It will be outdoors. This is an open air mall ( as they describe it). You walk outdoors from shop to shop. Personally, I don't think of it as a "mall". But that's what they call it. It's a big place with a ton of shops and restaurants.

Weather should be nice for the show.

Macadamean

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The Atlanta/Georgia contingent is getting organized for a car pool/caravan over to Birmingham on Saturday morning. We would love to have anyone in the area join us for breakfast or dinner as well.

http://www.elioowners.com/threads/birmingham-elio-tour-atlanta-area-caravan-and-car-pool.3851/
Pick a place for breakfast and I'll try to be there. I'll be coming to Birmingham from Huntsville. I have to get there at the beginning on Sat. so that I can get back around 1:00. May have the little one in my profile with me :)

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Pick a place for breakfast and I'll try to be there. I'll be coming to Birmingham from Huntsville. I have to get there at the beginning on Sat. so that I can get back around 1:00. May have the little one in my profile with me :)
It is looking like Cracker Barrel near the Summit at about 8:30 AM.

Top Bottom