• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

As I See It, Gloves Off...

Reaction score
Welcome and welcome back. It is interesting, which title threads the new or quiet members decide to join in. 'Disappointing / As I see it Gloves off. REALLY? This project is working. True, I tired from the sales pitches but I revel in the progress reports and the tour updates and my friends on this forums posts and opinions.. Hang in there and hang out with positive minded people. It would make you feel so much better about everything. WELCOME !!!

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have asked the question to stop the nonsense of people posting false information. Please show me just one patent holder of the hundreds on the Elio? I feel is it the responsibility of the poster in the first instance, after claiming EM value for "intellectual property." I will give you a clue. The "E" in ESG is ELIO, PAUL ELIO. ESG is a totally separate corporation. Now go and find who are "S" and "G"? And while you are at it, confirm who owns all the intellectual property rights? Who holds all the current "value" of the ELIO, while the public hold a ticket to get in a line, to have a peek in an so far, empty bag? Do you understand the structure yet? EM is an empty shell. ESG owns everything of value. The people in control not only have all the cards, they are in a different game. Why do you think it has been so difficult to gain financial support for EM? EM is asking for side bets on an empty pot in a game with no cards. All the chips are in the other game, the ESG game. Are you beginning to get the picture? Why hasn't anyone asked PE about this structure? Am I the only one who understands it? It is classic stock program 101. If you have a great product, you setup a private company which holds all the rights and license these rights to a second company which is financed by public money. You set the fees for these rights. You never risk ownership of the rights, you keep them private. The public takes all the risk and you take any profit. There are many more steps to this program. It has been played out many times all over the world. When EM goes public, we will see ESG holding 90% of the common stock. How does all this effect the production of the Elio? It has made the financing very difficult, if not impossible to get. People with enough money to make the Elio happen are not stupid. They will not buy into EM while ESG holds all the value to the product and controls the revenue stream. The people pledging the $25M don't seem to understand the structure?
I will no doubt get another blast from the moderators, if not outright banned. So be it. Shoot the messenger and keep the truth hidden.
Paul Elio currently owns approximately 80% of the stock. And why not?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Agreed. Shouldn't be a surprise. There is a reason that he hasn't done something like Shark Tank or gotten a really big investor. To do that, he would have to give majority of control.
I don't agree that he would have to give up majority of control. Retain 51% of the stock. What he would have to give up is a greater share of any future profit. If he currently owns 80% and is unwilling to take on more venture capital that seems greed driven. His choice of course. If he doesn't lock in the ATVM loan after the P5 build/testing he may just have to bring in more private venture capital for there to be a production line ELIO and any future profit to share.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My take on this thread is this........When YOU come up with a great idea (like the Elio), have taken it as far as Paul Elio has gotten (to this point) and the only thing holding you back is (someone else's) money. Then I'll listen to your complaints (whine). :rolleyes:
I on the other hand, will be a company cheerleader :cheer2:monetary supporter and in the future a financially sound Elio owner! :car:
Will I be rich? Of course not but I will have the personnel satisfaction of knowing I helped thousands of :usa:Americans :usa: get back to work and others into a safe, reliable, affordable vehicle. I helped get that Autocycle on the road :D! Will you be able to say the same?
In the mean time, I'll just set back and enjoy the show :pop2:! ;)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not whining. If I come up with an idea and it gets to the point that it can only be realized with the help of private venture capital or fail, I will choose a partner, but maintain controlling interest. I feel the ATVM Loan will be approved after the P5 milestone and all will go smoothly to production from that point. If not I doubt there is another funding source beyond a private big venture capital partner that would deserve a fair share of the profit without a controlling interest.

Top Bottom