• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

As I See It, Gloves Off...

Jim C

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I've been "all in" for about 2 months now, so some of you might think that isn't very long and I shouldn't have a right to complain. Well, nuts to that! I've been watching Elio for about 2 years and besides, my grand is as green as anyones. That said...

Like me, I guess most of you get an email from Elio every day or two. At first I found them interesting, but it didn't take long to realize that basically they don't really say anything. It's the same old tired hype with the same old bubbly catch phrases and same old giddy cheerleading every time.

They've raised a pile of cash. Not enough to go into production maybe, but surely enough to finally build something besides one-off prototypes. How much does it cost to build 25 cars? Of course it's more expensive than with the assembly line, but if it cost even $40,000 per car they could still do it for one million and that's a drop in the bucket compared to what they've raised.

Enough already! How about sending us an email with pictures of a bunch of guys with wrenches and screwdrivers sticking parts together. It's time to stop talking and build something!

My question for you is if you have been following them for two years and see that the emails aren't telling you anything then why did you two months ago put a grand down on the car?

Last edited by a moderator:

Phil B

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have said all along that my $1k was a gamble and that IF a vehicle was made, it could either be a 64 and 1/2 Mustang or a 1981 Delorean. Either way as a buyer I win.

I sincerely agree about the fluff emails, Elio is beating its own drum and waving its own flag as furiously as they can. It reminds me of the xxxxxxxx - IF YOU SAY IT LONG ENOUGH EVERYONE WILL BELIEVE IT IS TRUE!

edited political commentary

Last edited by a moderator:

Newworld

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been "all in" for about 2 months now, so some of you might think that isn't very long and I shouldn't have a right to complain. Well, nuts to that! I've been watching Elio for about 2 years and besides, my grand is as green as anyones. That said...

Like me, I guess most of you get an email from Elio every day or two. At first I found them interesting, but it didn't take long to realize that basically they don't really say anything. It's the same old tired hype with the same old bubbly catch phrases and same old giddy cheerleading every time.

They've raised a pile of cash. Not enough to go into production maybe, but surely enough to finally build something besides one-off prototypes. How much does it cost to build 25 cars? Of course it's more expensive than with the assembly line, but if it cost even $40,000 per car they could still do it for one million and that's a drop in the bucket compared to what they've raised.

Enough already! How about sending us an email with pictures of a bunch of guys with wrenches and screwdrivers sticking parts together. It's time to stop talking and build something!

Agreed: enough already

Reid3400

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My question for you is if you have been following them for two years and see that the emails aren't telling you anything then why did you two months ago put a grand down on the car? That sounds kind of stupid to me.

My like = agree. If he followed the puff for 2 years and was then convinced this bet is worth a grand, he must lead a very interesting life? I know I would pay as much as for a SmartCar, if an Elio was sitting there today, but sending off $1000 under the current conditions is too much of a stretch for me.

ps. Watch out using words like "stupid", "dumb" or "not smart" cause the wordsmiths may come after you. :eek:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Agreed: enough already

have you tried going into your EM account and setting your email preferences .... I opted out of getting the sales pitches .... each day they have new people haven't heard as much as those who have been involved for a while ....

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My question for you is if you have been following them for two years and see that the emails aren't telling you anything then why did you two months ago put a grand down on the car? That sounds kind of stupid to me.

I followed the car on the net but didn't get the emails until I signed up... Still want a car, jist don't need all the pep talks.

I started this thread to get some involvement going on this forum. Looks like it worked! :rolleyes:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I followed the car on the net but didn't get the emails until I signed up... Still want a car, jist don't need all the pep talks.
I started this thread to get some involvement going on this forum. Looks like it worked! :rolleyes:
If you don't want the pep talk emails go into your EM mail setting and take the check off the sale/marketing option.
Or in the next one you get the unsubscribe is at the bottom of it.

Top Bottom