• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anti-theft Measures?

cwhines

Reaction score
Well I think if the Elio becomes really popular, you will see lots of thief. Lets not forget that in the Honda civics hay day it was one of the most stolen car in the US.

Ernie

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Still, what use are anti theft devices when it is only 1200 pounds and 4 guys can simply pick it up and walk off with it?

I'm envisioning hijinks like used to be done with bugs.
Some of the anti theft alarms are of the talking variety. If it can be programmed to flash the headlights and 4-ways while yelling "Help!.. I'm being violated!" the would be thieves will be hard pressed to continue packing it off while clutching their guts in luaghter. :)

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some of the anti theft alarms are of the talking variety. If it can be programmed to flash the headlights and 4-ways while yelling "Help!.. I'm being violated!" the would be thieves will be hard pressed to continue packing it off while clutching their guts in luaghter. :)
That is the best idea yet! LOL :-) Z

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For a number of years I sold and installed car alarms. For the people that could not afford an alarm we would install a flashing LED on the dash that would only flash when the key was in the off position. For the would be thief it looks like a car alarm. We received a lot of positive reaction from customers that did this. I believe that most thieves would rather target something easier because there is less risk involved. Only time this isn't true is if you have something that they really want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Kind of like a placebo for a legitimate alarm
Something like that and arguably a much better return on investment over an alarm system. I would do it, but I like all the features that I can get with an alarm. Like, remote start, window roll up, keyless entry, trunk pop, remote lights, etc, etc. and I can install it my self and make it look like nobody ever touched the car.

Top Bottom