• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Accessories Question - Car Cover?

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I needed a cover years ago when I parked my Mustang on the carrier piers at NS Mayport. The first night of my three-day duty back in port, the black gang deep in the boiler room decided it would be the opportune time to blow the stacks on all 12 boilers . . . the darkness concealing the massive cloud of soot this exercise produced from blowing hundreds of pounds accumulated ash up the stacks.

Well, a couple days later when I was relieved, I got to the car to find the paint covered with flecks of ash - which cleaned up with a little polish. The back window that faced the ship was a complete mess. The acidic ash left little black curlicues where the morning fog had dissolved the acid and etched the glass - repeating the process every morning. I sold the car several years later with the "lace" still visible in the glass. :mad2:

Since I'm going to use my Elio as a commuter, I want to keep sun, tree sap, grit, and assorted industrial waste off the finish for as long as possible.

Last edited:

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am going with cover from https://www.sealskincovers.com/
I put one on my 3 seat 11 foot Yamaha WaveRunner last summer after the first two purchased from dealer wore out quickly. Not only was sealskin better fit, it cost $99 including tax compared to Yamaha's $200 + tax.

Do not purchase any from WalMart or Rainex!! They stretch like a used rubber band.

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When my Elio arrives it will sit in the driveway uncovered . No room for it in the garage ( Corvette / Motorcycle) and I would never take the time to cover - uncover - cover - uncover -cover - uncover. I will certainly keep it clean but let nature tattoo her with glorious patina .

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We get hail down here. Wonder how that composite panel material stands up to that?
If my Elio was to sit out I have a quilt that goes under the cover.
As it is my Elio will have its own garage with a metal roof.
MK

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A car cover is one of the things on my list to fabricate. Along with: custom seat covers; dash pad; "trunk" mat; and whatever else I see that needs fabricated or modified after I get my elio. I just won't be able to produce inventory like an aftermarket accessory company will be able to.
Since you will be fabricating, you will have templates and patterns. Keep me in mind as customer for templates,digital drawings, or patterns.

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When my Elio arrives it will sit in the driveway uncovered . No room for it in the garage ( Corvette / Motorcycle) and I would never take the time to cover - uncover - cover - uncover -cover - uncover. I will certainly keep it clean but let nature tattoo her with glorious patina .
you mean poo poo tina?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure that all of the aftermarket companies will be gearing up to make accessories once they see enough demand for it.
Car covers, Weather Tech mats, Vent Visor window pieces, LED taillights and the list goes on.
The key is "if there is enough demand" basically to make it profitable. Weather Tech will make one off custom mats for a price.
Plus a number of Elio Owners are skilled enough to make it a home industry item (myself included).
As a bonus, Weather Tech is an American company!

Top Bottom