• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Accessories Question - Car Cover?

Dallas B. Sims

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I know I am way ahead of myself, but I will want a car cover or auto cycle cover. I have no doubt that it will not take accessory companies long, but I wouldn't mind getting an "Elio" tailored cover to ensure a good fit. I'm sure I won't be the only one that would pay good money for one. My Elio will be an "And car" as Paul states. I work 24 hours, and I'm off for 48. My Elio will primarily be a commuter car every third day, therefore, I will be parking it for my two days off.

I envision a tight, dri-fit type material with a color option to match my car with an appropriately size Elio emblem on the hood or sides. I can see two designs of covers offered. The first is an all encompassing cover that covers the whole car like the sheet in the "Alter the course" video. The second option is a three piece cover. Not as popular, but two pieces would be for each front fender and one piece to cover the cockpit. It might be easier to get on.

The cover may keep people off of my Elio, and no one can see my Infinate Skyz / iPad mini set up, as well as keeping the color from fading and the dust off of it.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A car cover is one of the things on my list to fabricate. Along with: custom seat covers; dash pad; "trunk" mat; and whatever else I see that needs fabricated or modified after I get my elio. I just won't be able to produce inventory like an aftermarket accessory company will be able to.

You could subcontract through
the Elio wear guy?

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A lady who worked for a local sailmaker did some amazing work custom-fabricating some light but strong bags for our presentation video players in her spare time. The OEM case was far to large to go under an airline seat, so for salesmen to carry their video presentation kits with them, she made up "breathable" Ultrasuede bags with a thin but tough 3/8" foam covering and a duck outer shell. The whole thing installed still fit into the OEM Anvil case - so it could be checked if necessary.

She even built in pockets for cables and spare batteries in addition to the requisite storage space for mini-cassettes - all with Velcro closures, and a strong zippered side should the unit have to be removed for service. All that for $55 ea! She made about 20 of them for our domestic sales force, and they were amazing - snugly tailored and tough. She even included Scotchguard in case someone spilled a drink on it, and a PVC panel sewn into the flap that covered the 9" CRT screen to protect it from penetration . . . she obviously knew salesmen. The look was very smart and professional.

If I can find her contact information, I'm going to challenge her to produce a cover for my Elio. I don't think I could do any better for functionality and quality. ;)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure that all of the aftermarket companies will be gearing up to make accessories once they see enough demand for it.
Car covers, Weather Tech mats, Vent Visor window pieces, LED taillights and the list goes on.
The key is "if there is enough demand" basically to make it profitable. Weather Tech will make one off custom mats for a price.
Plus a number of Elio Owners are skilled enough to make it a home industry item (myself included).

Top Bottom