• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2015 - 16 Nfl Fan Talk Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Recap on yesterday's games:

Sea 17 @ GB 27: Seahawks had a great 3rd quarter, unfortunately that wasn't enough. One impressive stat from the Sunday night broadcast crew: Seattle has led in every game for the most regular season games in a row. I don't remember the number, but it was big. Anyone remember hearing it? 18? Aaron Rodgers is un freaking believable.

Hou 17 @ Car 24: Panthers seemed to handle and contain (as much as possible) Watt and Clowney. Pretty even game otherwise, with TONS of penalties accepted, 10 each. Looks like the difference was, Car able to run the ball well, Hou threw the ball 58 times and completed 27.

SF 18 @ Pit 43: Was never a game, Pit led 29-3 at half. Pit tried for at least one 2-pt conversion and got it. The coach Tomlin states their interest in going for 2 often. Cool!

TB 26 @ NO 19: Bucs won the turnover battle, NO was better on 3rd down. Tons of penalties again, 11 & 10. Bucs were up 23-7 at end of 3rd.

Det 16 @ Min 26: Det lost turnover battle 3-1; Minn rushed for 199.

AZ 48 @ Chi 23: Cutler seemed to be doing ok, but pulled a hammy. If it wasn't over at that point, it was after 3rd qtr: 42-23.

NE 40 @ Buf 32: It was 37-13 after 3 qtrs, so a nice job by the Bills to never give up. But, probably too much talk by Rex leading up to the game.

SD 19 @ Cin 24: SD scored with about 4 min to go to make it 24-19, but fell short in their final drive. Dalton played well, SD lost the turnover battle 3-2.

Ten 14 @ Cle 28: Manziel leads the Browns to victory. Say what???!!! 'Tis true. He did have Tim Tebow-like passing numbers, 8-15 for 2 TDs. But hey, they got it done.

Atl 24 @ NYG 20: Good game, Falcons on the road make a great comeback. Both teams went up and down the field all day, NYG lost turnover battle 1-0. Very evenly played game overall.

StL 10 @ Was 24: Where are you, Mr. Foles? Kirk Cousins played VERY well. Despite losing the turnover battle 1-0, Wash ran for 182 yds against a really good front 7 for StL. Wow!

Mia 20 @ Jax 23: Suh's defensive stats? One tackle. That's it. Did he get hurt? Dunno. No turnovers by either team, and again a ton of penalties, 13 for Mia and 9 for Jax. Was a great game, Jax kicked the winning FG with 40 seconds left.

Bal 33 @ Oak 37: THIS was an entertaining game. 91 passes, 941 yds of offense. What happened to the Ravens' amazing defense from last week? Suggs is hurt and out for the season, that may be it. Oak was 9-14 on third down!

Dal 20 @ Phi 10: Romo got a broken collar bone and will be out a while. Nine wins may get you the NFC East division crown this year. Philly's offense is, well, offensive. They ran for 7 yds, SEH VUHN, Bradford threw 2 INTs and his center snapped him the ball in the shotgun formation when he wasn't looking. Total offense: 226 yds. 2-11 on 3rd down. This allowed Dallas to have 18 penalties to Philly's 8 and still win.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Excellent job reporting Jeff!!! I don't have to watch the recaps on TV now.
Think we'll have to make you the unofficial NFL Day After Dude! :thumb:

Recap on yesterday's games:

Sea 17 @ GB 27: Seahawks had a great 3rd quarter, unfortunately that wasn't enough. One impressive stat from the Sunday night broadcast crew: Seattle has led in every game for the most regular season games in a row. I don't remember the number, but it was big. Anyone remember hearing it? 18? Aaron Rodgers is un freaking believable.

Hou 17 @ Car 24: Panthers seemed to handle and contain (as much as possible) Watt and Clowney. Pretty even game otherwise, with TONS of penalties accepted, 10 each. Looks like the difference was, Car able to run the ball well, Hou threw the ball 58 times and completed 27.

SF 18 @ Pit 43: Was never a game, Pit led 29-3 at half. Pit tried for at least one 2-pt conversion and got it. The coach Tomlin states their interest in going for 2 often. Cool!

TB 26 @ NO 19: Bucs won the turnover battle, NO was better on 3rd down. Tons of penalties again, 11 & 10. Bucs were up 23-7 at end of 3rd.

Det 16 @ Min 26: Det lost turnover battle 3-1; Minn rushed for 199.

AZ 48 @ Chi 23: Cutler seemed to be doing ok, but pulled a hammy. If it wasn't over at that point, it was after 3rd qtr: 42-23.

NE 40 @ Buf 32: It was 37-13 after 3 qtrs, so a nice job by the Bills to never give up. But, probably too much talk by Rex leading up to the game.

SD 19 @ Cin 24: SD scored with about 4 min to go to make it 24-19, but fell short in their final drive. Dalton played well, SD lost the turnover battle 3-2.

Ten 14 @ Cle 28: Manziel leads the Browns to victory. Say what???!!! 'Tis true. He did have Tim Tebow-like passing numbers, 8-15 for 2 TDs. But hey, they got it done.

Atl 24 @ NYG 20: Good game, Falcons on the road make a great comeback. Both teams went up and down the field all day, NYG lost turnover battle 1-0. Very evenly played game overall.

StL 10 @ Was 24: Where are you, Mr. Foles? Kirk Cousins played VERY well. Despite losing the turnover battle 1-0, Wash ran for 182 yds against a really good front 7 for StL. Wow!

Mia 20 @ Jax 23: Suh's defensive stats? One tackle. That's it. Did he get hurt? Dunno. No turnovers by either team, and again a ton of penalties, 13 for Mia and 9 for Jax. Was a great game, Jax kicked the winning FG with 40 seconds left.

Bal 33 @ Oak 37: THIS was an entertaining game. 91 passes, 941 yds of offense. What happened to the Ravens' amazing defense from last week? Suggs is hurt and out for the season, that may be it. Oak was 9-14 on third down!

Dal 20 @ Phi 10: Romo got a broken collar bone and will be out a while. Nine wins may get you the NFC East division crown this year. Philly's offense is, well, offensive. They ran for 7 yds, SEH VUHN, Bradford threw 2 INTs and his center snapped him the ball in the shotgun formation when he wasn't looking. Total offense: 226 yds. 2-11 on 3rd down. This allowed Dallas to have 18 penalties to Philly's 8 and still win.

I concur with Coss... You are now the NFL recap guy.

Falcons play Dallas next week!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Monday Night Football Jets @ Colts .... I don't know anything about either of them, just hope its a good game

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Colts QB Luck got hammered again. He's a very good QB but his line has not protected him this season. Until they fix the line and give him some protection the Colts will go no where.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As a Cardinals fan, I claim it was the Jets upgraded defense with Todd Bowles at the helm. There's no way the Colts offense is that bad on their own, right?

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As a Cardinals fan, I claim it was the Jets upgraded defense with Todd Bowles at the helm. There's no way the Colts offense is that bad on their own, right?

The Colts look to me like they have a QB (Andrew Luck) that can take a hit and is trying to do too much, so he holds the ball too long sometimes, and then bad things can happen:
  • gets his arm hit as he's throwing, causing interceptions
  • as he has guys hanging on him and he's going down, he throws inaccurately; one bad result last night was an intentional grounding call by the refs; it wasn't the right call in my opinion, but Luck has to get rid of the ball sooner or take off running if he has no protection;
  • some of what's not Luck's fault is his offensive line; they have to block better, 5 o-linemen on 4 rushing d-linemen
Granted last year, they apparently went 0-2 and then got red hot and won the division going away. The Colts could still do that again this year.

The Jets? The jury is still out. They are currently 12th in the ESPN Power Index that just came out. But there's also the stat that says since 1990, 37% of teams that start 2-0 do not make the playoffs. That means 3 or 4 of the current 2-0 teams won't make it. The Jets next 6 games have some winnable games there, so we'll check on them at the midpoint of their season.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Colts look to me like they have a QB (Andrew Luck) that can take a hit and is trying to do too much, so he holds the ball too long sometimes, and then bad things can happen:
  • gets his arm hit as he's throwing, causing interceptions
  • as he has guys hanging on him and he's going down, he throws inaccurately; one bad result last night was an intentional grounding call by the refs; it wasn't the right call in my opinion, but Luck has to get rid of the ball sooner or take off running if he has no protection;
  • some of what's not Luck's fault is his offensive line; they have to block better, 5 o-linemen on 4 rushing d-linemen
Granted last year, they apparently went 0-2 and then got red hot and won the division going away. The Colts could still do that again this year.

The Jets? The jury is still out. They are currently 12th in the ESPN Power Index that just came out. But there's also the stat that says since 1990, 37% of teams that start 2-0 do not make the playoffs. That means 3 or 4 of the current 2-0 teams won't make it. The Jets next 6 games have some winnable games there, so we'll check on them at the midpoint of their season.
Falcons are 2-0... Just what are you saying there, buddy? LOL... Actually, I'm surprised we are 2-0. Plus, we actually have a chance next week as we play the Romoless Cowboys. We'll have to see what Wheeden can do behind that great Cowboy offensive line and if my newly revamped Falcon defense can hold them back. I'm not worried about the Falcon's offense... or the Cowboy's defense.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Falcons are 2-0... Just what are you saying there, buddy? LOL... Actually, I'm surprised we are 2-0. Plus, we actually have a chance next week as we play the Romoless Cowboys. We'll have to see what Wheeden can do behind that great Cowboy offensive line and if my newly revamped Falcon defense can hold them back. I'm not worried about the Falcon's offense... or the Cowboy's defense.

Check it out Ty, I just read this on ESPN: "Cowboys tight end Jason Witten is receiving treatment for two sprained ankles and a sprained knee, and it is not certain he will play Sunday against the Falcons, sources told Ed Werder."

No Dez, no Romo, and now possibly no Witten. Atlanta's D has been good vs. the run so far, only 80 yds/game, so if they can make Weeden throw it more, the Falcons might be able to go in to Dallas and win. I'll be rooting for Atlanta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom