• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Would You Do It Again If...

What all in deposit would you do?

• None

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $100

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • $250

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • $500

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • $1000

Votes: 20 71.4%

• Total voters

Buzzy

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
they were already built?
What I'm asking is: If Elio motors was already in production, but not selling yet, would you put a $1000 dollar deposit to get a number in line? I believe Harley Davidson did something like this in the past, but that's not a fair comparison.
I'm the kind of guy who usually lets other people buy the first ones off the production line and they can deal with the bugs getting worked out. But something felt a little different this time. I really liked what I saw here and did quite a bit of research before I made the big plung. But if the Elio was in full first year production right now and they asked me to give the same deposit I'm not sure I would until well after the first years models were out and people were giving reviews of them. What was so intriguing about this that made me jump in? Was it because this is going to be the beginning of a revolution in the auto industry, or did I just get caught hook, line and sinker on the promise of great mileage and cheap price?
What are your thoughts?
I don't know what info will be gathered by this poll but it sounded like a good idea. Treat it as the same bonus plan as the first with the only difference being that production has started and your reserving the first year model.
I am in for only $100, so I don't get a number, I guess. However, since there isn't a whole lot about the Elio that isn't already on auto parts shelves, I doubt that there will be much for bugs. If I could afford the $1K, I'd put it in: I do believe that necessity, the mother of invention, is reponsible for some exciting developments in the transportation industry, and the Elio will be one accessible to many, many people. In a way, it's the new VW Beetle.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do you think the Elio will be able to do what these guys are doing? :)
https://gopro.com/channel/top-picks/twelve-car-tandem-drift
Technically impossible.
However, 'Drift trikes' have a solution that an Elio can use that those guys can't. Install a plastic rear wheel, then you can sort of do that, plus get around the track faster! But without much tire squealing, depending on your skills and intent. ! lol !

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Technically impossible.
However, 'Drift trikes' have a solution that an Elio can use that those guys can't. Install a plastic rear wheel, then you can sort of do that, plus get around the track faster! But without much tire squealing, depending on your skills and intent. ! lol !
Have you seen the videos of kids parking the rear tires of front wheel drive cars on plastic dinner trays, setting the emergency brake, thus locking the rear wheels, and cutting cookies in parking lots?
It appears to be as much fun as eating watermelon in a rental car!

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
they were already built?
What I'm asking is: If Elio motors was already in production, but not selling yet, would you put a $1000 dollar deposit to get a number in line? I believe Harley Davidson did something like this in the past, but that's not a fair comparison.
I'm the kind of guy who usually lets other people buy the first ones off the production line and they can deal with the bugs getting worked out. But something felt a little different this time. I really liked what I saw here and did quite a bit of research before I made the big plung. But if the Elio was in full first year production right now and they asked me to give the same deposit I'm not sure I would until well after the first years models were out and people were giving reviews of them. What was so intriguing about this that made me jump in? Was it because this is going to be the beginning of a revolution in the auto industry, or did I just get caught hook, line and sinker on the promise of great mileage and cheap price?
What are your thoughts?
I don't know what info will be gathered by this poll but it sounded like a good idea. Treat it as the same bonus plan as the first with the only difference being that production has started and your reserving the first year model.
I went all in for a thousand when I first heard about it. Why would I not after they started production? I want it NOW!

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To make things clear I am in for 1000 now. If I saw a reasonable picture that showed it would happen I would go so far as to pay in advance to make it happen on time. I will own more than one if for no other reason than a spare for whoever needs it.
I see the ELIO as an amazing Christmas present or off to collage gift

Top Bottom