• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Would You Do It Again If...

What all in deposit would you do?

• None

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $100

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • $250

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • $500

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • $1000

Votes: 20 71.4%

• Total voters

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
they were already built?
What I'm asking is: If Elio motors was already in production, but not selling yet, would you put a $1000 dollar deposit to get a number in line? I believe Harley Davidson did something like this in the past, but that's not a fair comparison.
I'm the kind of guy who usually lets other people buy the first ones off the production line and they can deal with the bugs getting worked out. But something felt a little different this time. I really liked what I saw here and did quite a bit of research before I made the big plung. But if the Elio was in full first year production right now and they asked me to give the same deposit I'm not sure I would until well after the first years models were out and people were giving reviews of them. What was so intriguing about this that made me jump in? Was it because this is going to be the beginning of a revolution in the auto industry, or did I just get caught hook, line and sinker on the promise of great mileage and cheap price?
What are your thoughts?
I don't know what info will be gathered by this poll but it sounded like a good idea. Treat it as the same bonus plan as the first with the only difference being that production has started and your reserving the first year model.

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would still only put down 500, I do not need it right now and if they are actually going to be producing the numbers they say it would not take that much longer to get my ride.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm going on the assumption that I just heard about it. I would have to do the $100 because it takes time to save even that much before reserving. I simply saw and I wanted. That is not a normal response for me. But this time the price, the great mpg and the safety and fantastic looks caught me. The result is the first $100 took me 2 months. The second $400 took me 5 months and I can't claim the last $500 because it was a gift from many friends given anonomously. That happened 2 days after I upgraded to $500. When I decided to go "all in" my older son asked me if I would go "all in" at $1,000 if I had it and my answer was yes without any hesitation whatsoever. I still feel that way. :-) Z

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I will own more than 1 ELIO. I have grandchildren. ELIO = low cost college car. Smart IMO.
As for Harley being a boy toy. I have owned many and will own a few more before I die. They are anything but toys.
I have in my bike room one of the 1996 FB's that you had to wait 14 months to get. Owned many sense that one but it is still here.
If only ELIO could do half what HD did in the 90's.

bikeroom18.jpg

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
they were already built?
What I'm asking is: If Elio motors was already in production, but not selling yet, would you put a $1000 dollar deposit to get a number in line? I believe Harley Davidson did something like this in the past, but that's not a fair comparison.
I'm the kind of guy who usually lets other people buy the first ones off the production line and they can deal with the bugs getting worked out. But something felt a little different this time. I really liked what I saw here and did quite a bit of research before I made the big plung. But if the Elio was in full first year production right now and they asked me to give the same deposit I'm not sure I would until well after the first years models were out and people were giving reviews of them. What was so intriguing about this that made me jump in? Was it because this is going to be the beginning of a revolution in the auto industry, or did I just get caught hook, line and sinker on the promise of great mileage and cheap price?
What are your thoughts?
I don't know what info will be gathered by this poll but it sounded like a good idea. Treat it as the same bonus plan as the first with the only difference being that production has started and your reserving the first year model.

I'll fill in other "what-if" details for me... let's say that instead of start of production is targeted for next Sept, let's say that the first vehicles will roll off the floor next Sept. Same number of reservations are present. I am guessing I'd do the same thing... put down $250 at first. Then >> IF << they did the 50% bonus is ending soon thing, I probably would have upgraded to $1k.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I will own more than 1 ELIO. I have grandchildren. ELIO = low cost college car. Smart IMO.
As for Harley being a boy toy. I have owned many and will own a few more before I die. They are anything but toys.
I have in my bike room one of the 1996 FB's that you had to wait 14 months to get. Owned many sense that one but it is still here.
If only ELIO could do half what HD did in the 90's.

bikeroom18.jpg

unlike other countries, our motorcycles ( me too so included) are not the basic transportation mode of many families.
we ride because we love to. They have always (for the vast majority) been a "want" not a "need" i.e. a toy- not speaking mechanically but an item that, like a toy, brings us pleasure first ,and with some rationalization a necessity if one of the cars breaks down. Do I see a few accessories on your toy?? -lol

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
unlike other countries, our motorcycles ( me too so included) are not the basic transportation mode of many families.
we ride because we love to. They have always (for the vast majority) been a "want" not a "need" i.e. a toy- not speaking mechanically but an item that, like a toy, brings us pleasure first ,and with some rationalization a necessity if one of the cars breaks down. Do I see a few accessories on your toy?? -lol

Lots of accessories and their own bed room.

BillZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, I'd be considered an "early adopter" because I have estabished a record of jumping on the band wagon early. I bought the first Yamaha Virago when they hit the Minneapolis market and I loved it. We put money down to reserve a FourTwo, but bailed on that option before delivery.

I liked the numbers but I fell in love as soon as I saw the design. I'm predicting a great driving experience that will feel like a Formula One racer or flying an airplain. Low to the ground and sporty handling will make driving slow feel like a thrill! Can't wait!

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom