• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Why The Prototypes Have To Wait On The Engine

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If this truly the reason, then please explain why Technosports Creative said last June that they would begin construction of the first E Series vehicle, the end of Aug or the beginning of Sept...... when the engine was still in un-machined pieces. It was Paul Elio, who said on 16 August that the build was on "HOLD", for funding.

first, welcome to the forum, happy to have you on-board .... the last year has been one that has seen considerable transition .... statements made in good faith at one point may or may not have to be revised at a later point .... while the process of bringing Elio Motors into production has had its ups and downs, the general trend has remained positive .... funding issues have surfaced that required some projections to be revised, rescheduled and reevaluated .... in short, as we sit back, watch, and talk about it .... hopefully down the line as we are looking back, things we don't understand now will be clearer than they have been trying to look forward

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
If this truly the reason, then please explain why Technosports Creative said last June that they would begin construction of the first E Series vehicle, the end of Aug or the beginning of Sept...... when the engine was still in un-machined pieces. It was Paul Elio, who said on 16 August that the build was on "HOLD", for funding.

Welcome back Roger W. AKA RogWild. Interesting name you have chosen this time around in "Past Fanatic". :D

It would appear to me that you have actually pretty much answered your own question. Technosports shared the plan as they knew it at the time however they ultimately do what they are told, and paid to do, by Elio Motors. Paul Elio said that things are on hold due to funding and this would be a good reason why engine testing did not move along at that time and also why the prototypes were not built at that time. We could speculate as to why the plans changed but it really does not matter as we can't change the past. :)

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
the appearance of a larger back window can be deceiving - considering there never was, nor will there be a back window
well it's XL: IX off to gaga land -good night all. (Could we get an alert app if something really happens while I catch my zzzzzzzz's)
For those of you who are obsessed with language I should have said rear seat window. I believe those who are not always looking for fault in postings understood my post. We have always known there will not be a back window.

Last edited:

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree. I know exactly who IAV's clients are, but a Company like IAV or any successful company, treats all clients with the same amount of respect. In my opinion when in business the client drives the bus and IAV wouldn't cast blame onto the client if IAV was responsible for any delay.

I heard the engine development cost was in the millions and if EM paid upfront due respect please. If EM is making late payments while waiting on funding and can't pay their bills not so much.
I would agree with a company treating all customers with the same respect, however business is business, and certain event's can and do cause businesses to prioritize among their clients needs during urgent/emergent events. For example in health care, hospitals track (but usually don't publish, or tell, though you can ask for) their "bump rates" in surgery. That is the percentage of scheduled surgeries which are rescheduled (typically because of an unexpected demand on the OR), and a similar delay can happen in construction when a contractor is juggling multiple job sites, and something comes up on one site puling resources away from another. I don't see any blame, I do think in highly competitive automotive industry it's likely such things would be kept at least as tight lipped as a hospital, it's just how the world works, and that's ok.

Top Bottom