• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Why No Law Suit...............

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I absolutely agree. I also believe that each principal squirreled away anywhere from about 5 to 8 million dollars each, from this ‘failure,’ Not so sure how much Joel Sheltrown got monetarily (I think he also got a real nice Class B motor home) but he’s still partnering with Hari on yet another (likely) film flam, so there’s money ‘down the road.’

Ace

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to get my hands on either the P4, P5, or one of the completed (or mostly completed) E series vehicles, wherever they might be hiding. I believe I could make myself a reliable and highway capable vehicle out of one of those.

Samuel Gompers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to get my hands on either the P4, P5, or one of the completed (or mostly completed) E series vehicles, wherever they might be hiding. I believe I could make myself a reliable and highway capable vehicle out of one of those.
That is almost certainly true if you are a skilled mechanic & fabricator, or can afford to hire the same. Unfortunately, the odds of getting your hands on one of the show cars is infinitesimal. There are lots of project and kit cars out there that really exist, and would reward those talents much better.

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wish Elio was only mistake I've made. It was only money a much less hurtful loss. I researched as much as I could and lay my money down. I got email today saying I have not posted in some time. Now I will wait for another email. Lol

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I disagree. If you still own the stock and if you are able to sell it, you should get 360 dollars back.
However, I have heard that penny stock isn't always so liquid.

Imagine if you put that money in TSLA instead. Have mercy. But stock is a gamble.

I also feel he went into it with the intention of producing cars. But that thing he did with the Ohio governor sure made me wonder if it wasn't just to get a factory's left over equipment.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio Motors is an ‘offshoot’ snd afterthought of ESG Engineering. It is interesting to see how, and the timing of incorporation of EM. It’s more than just convenient that EM is ‘essentially bankrupt’ and heavily in debt. As individuals, it more than just likely and lucky that ESG Engineering principals probably have a lot of the mystery money.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio Motors is an ‘offshoot’ snd afterthought of ESG Engineering. It is interesting to see how, and the timing of incorporation of EM. It’s more than just convenient that EM is ‘essentially bankrupt’ and heavily in debt. As individuals, it more than just likely and lucky that ESG Engineering principals probably have a lot of the mystery money.
Remember, ESG was doing the engineering work and design in the early days. They did design and get something made. How much they got paid for the work they did, well it seems to me they made off quite well for the product they came up with. I need to get in that business.

Josh

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Nobody is ever going to sue Elio Motors. Nobody has the guts to do it.
The time for a lawsuit came and went long ago. Timing is everything. People that were financially harmed and had/have legal "standing" did nothing. Consequently any court is unlikely to rule for relief at this late date. When that type of unethical behavior was tolerated (for years) well I doubt there is any real basis for complaint. In addition, generally, white collar crime is very rarely prosecuted. My advise is to forget it and move. Very unfortunate that pe profited handsomely and never delivered anything.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wish I could agree with you Josh, but as far as ‘timing’ goes, (besides ‘bad’ ‘timing’ not being a legal impediment in this instance), the clock starts for that individual (All of them, many thousands of them) when they sent in their reservation money for the fictional and arguably fraudulent ‘spot in line.’ It makes no difference how long the ruse has been going on before. More victims before have no bearing: duping even more lazy, or ‘buffaloed’ people isn’t a defense (yet). The argument turns on invalid contract. Timing has nothing to do with it, it’s not like negligence or some other tort that a ‘finder of fact’ might agree.

Last edited:
Top Bottom