• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Why Hasn't The Elio Been Built Yet?

ST13Fred

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've said all along and still say it's the 'politics of money', not money alone; red tape and hurdles of govt paperwork blocking any business.

Mr. Elio is probably pulling his hair out waiting on said paperwork, while litigating against those opposed to Elio...... maybe I'm wrong.

There is in-fighting the public is never aware of when it comes to money and the control of it.

Elio is a no-brainer but its' the 'politics of money' that is slowing and trying to stop him.......I just hope he has enough HP to make it to my driveway.

There is a thread on our site to write the 'anointed one', obama..........good luck w/that. We are living in some very troubled times and our gov is at the heart of that problem.

Now I feel better.

Last edited:

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've said all along and still say it's the 'politics of money', not money alone; red tape and hurdles of govt paperwork blocking any business.

Mr. Elio is probably pulling his hair out waiting on said paperwork, while litigating against those opposed to Elio...... maybe I'm wrong.

There is in-fighting the public is never be aware of when it comes to money and the control of it.

Elio is a no-brainer but its' the 'politics of money' that is slowing and trying to stop him.

There is a thread on our site to write the 'anointed one', obama..........good luck w/that. We are living in some very troubled times and our gov is at the heart of that problem.

Now I feel better.
I hear you. Unfortunately, at least in my opinion, what you and I see as a no brainer is not applicable to the majority of the population and thus the majority of those making the decisions. I think most people don't see the value based on Elio detractors' and non fans' comments. Just a small example is the ignorant first impressions about safety and drivability in snow.

I look at is as the government is made up of our population, and the government is just a reflection of us as a society.

The bright side is that Elio keeps getting reservations and this site is growing rapidly, I just hope it doesn't reach saturation anytime soon.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If they were looking to raise $260 million, I don't see how $47million will get Elio into production.

The 45-47mil gives them street cred & allows them to prove the concept with proto development.
No un-typical for startups of this nature. Review their Board member profiles & these are not
stupid or inexperienced people. They've been after this since 2008 & haven't given up yet &
don't forget the vested interest in Jindal country. There are some very experienced American
car workers just itchin to get back to work...................... :)

bird

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking back in history at the Model T and all the so called backers that pulled out and then new backers that came aboard and all the years and prototypes and assembly line development it took Henry Ford to go through to come up with an affordable car that the average joe could have, I hope the Elio development will seem like a walk in park to Mr. Elio some day when we are all driving our cars.
Go for it, Mr. Elio. I raise my glass to you.

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The 45-47mil gives them street cred & allows them to prove the concept with proto development.
No un-typical for startups of this nature. Review their Board member profiles & these are not
stupid or inexperienced people. They've been after this since 2008 & haven't given up yet &
don't forget the vested interest in Jindal country. There are some very experienced American
car workers just itchin to get back to work...................... :)

Same can be said of Corbin Sparrow-experienced businessmen, still failed. DeLorean, Aptera, Fisker, etc. These were engineers, lawyers, company still failed. Venture One/Persu Terry Murphy certainly had the background to get it into production, had technology licensed, even though Carver bankrupt.... RacerTrust has a backup plan. They will not lose money. Local and and state governments unfortunately with the best of intentions make bad investments too.

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looking back in history at the Model T and all the so called backers that pulled out and then new backers that came aboard and
Looking back in history at the Model T and all the so called backers that pulled out and then new backers that came aboard and all the years and prototypes and assembly line development it took Henry Ford to go through to come up with an affordable car that the average joe could have, I hope the Elio development will seem like a walk in park to Mr. Elio some day when we are all driving our cars.
Go for it, Mr. Elio. I raise my glass to you.

Completely different animal here. Henry Ford fought the patent of the automobile. Potential and current investors didn't want to be involved in a lengthy court battle. Prior to that if you built an automobile(if approved) you paid royalties to George Selden. Henry Ford didn't believe anyone owned the concept of an automobile. When Mr.Ford won in court to pursue his automobile, it opened the door for everyone...What backers pulled out of Elio deal? I don't think any. I don't see the comparison to Henry Ford. More like the original VW, the people's car.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Same can be said of Corbin Sparrow-experienced businessmen, still failed. DeLorean, Aptera, Fisker, etc. These were engineers, lawyers, company still failed. Venture One/Persu Terry Murphy certainly had the background to get it into production, had technology licensed, even though Carver bankrupt.... RacerTrust has a backup plan. They will not lose money. Local and and state governments unfortunately with the best of intentions make bad investments too.

All this is true, but the stars apear to be alligning for Elio & Company & gas prices will continue
to rise. Given the current political climet (globally) it won't take much to foster another oil crisis.
It will be nice to have an Elio then............ :)

ST13Fred

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio is really the perfect vehicle now and better on so many levels to what has been tried in the past. His simple and appears, well thought out design, w/5 Star Safety, economical entry price and operation, are all unique to Elio.
If the fit/finish and solid drive train on the final model is anywhere near Honda quality, then some thing really evil and sinister would have driven him off the cliff to failure. It would be sad if Elio doesn't happen til after Nov 2016.

Reactions: JNR

elio_curious

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
So doing some Basic math: $200,000,000 divided by $6,800 is about 30,000 Elios. But if the profit margin was $1000 per car, that's having to sell 200,000 Elios to get that 200 Mill back. I'm no corporate financial person, so anybody is welcome to fix my numbers :D

Top Bottom