• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Why Are There No Kammback Pickup Trucks?

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Exactly! Look how nice that custom design is, it even incorperates a CHMSL! But I suppose it still doesn't answer the question of whether-or-not it gives you more MPG. You'd think there'd be more tops like this, at least from the aftermarket camper sector if not from the manufacturers themselves. I could also see making one that continued the level roofline of the cab for a while, before arching down to the tailgate.

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How about the Chevy Ute?
ute.jpg

Smitty

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm guessing Australian. Has the pontiac G8/Holden Monaro front end and side vents

Update: its the Chevy SS platform with a box. Branded Holden. It is Australian, and they killed it for 2016

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
yes, marketed in aussie land for years, not in US, they didn't want competition with the Colorado series. Built on a Lumina chassis I believe. Sort of a modernized S10 (I love my S10). The small pickup market is disappearing in the US, everything is bigger, more horsepower, more money. I like a cheap utility vehicle with fairly good gas mileage, but it is hard to find these days, thats why I picked up my Ram C/V, but they discontinued that as well, the new replacements are much bigger, and more expensive. - On a side note, I got a notice from Electra Meccanica that the Solo will start delivery this June.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
back in '81 I had a '70 El Camino with a hard bed cover. I loved it. I had seen a different cover that I liked (like this one) but always had something "more important" to spend the money on.
6687752397_bc0ac81dca.jpg

Top Bottom