• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Why Are There No Kammback Pickup Trucks?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
how about
pickup.jpeg

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Haha, I'd LOVE a three-wheeled cargo trike. But as far as I know, there are no domestic manufacturers, and it'd cost an arm and a leg to import one (thanks to the expense of getting one "fit for US highways" according to the DOT).

Smitty

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha, I'd LOVE a three-wheeled cargo trike. But as far as I know, there are no domestic manufacturers, and it'd cost an arm and a leg to import one (thanks to the expense of getting one "fit for US highways" according to the DOT).
In Canada the import law states they must be 15+ years old. I've heard some American States can dictate 25+ years old. There are importers getting them all the time and they start at about $6000 Canadian dollars. I want a Daihatsu Hijet myself.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I found in my little S10 it got better mileage with the bed open, gate closed.
I tried it with the gate down, and I had a tonneau; the open bed, closed gate was still the best.
It just formed a perfect pocket of air behind the cab.

They really don't do much with aero on trucks because they're supposed to be used for work; mostly in-city hops, some open road, but it's got a bed for carrying big stuff. It was later that using a big truck as a car became a trend. Think about how useful a crew cab, 4 bucket seats, short bed 1/2 ton 2WD
Pick up is ...... NOT! It's a big car, with an open trunk.
Wind tunnel testing supports your observations:
image.jpeg

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
But a kammback would still be better, yes?
Unknown at this time.
Sethodine, we have a mission for you and your team; you are to find an example of a kammback pickup that has been produced for the American roads; or at least built in prototype and tested by a large US auto manufacturer.
If you or anyone on your team is laughed at, questioned or pulled in for questioning; EO will disavow any knowledge of you or your team; the message will self destruct in 50 years.
Good luck Sethodine! :thumb:

Top Bottom