• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Do You Stand Now?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
How will cruise control and the manual transmission work? You really need an automatic to make full use of this cruise control as intended, right?
It will disengage anytime you push the clutch pedal; that way it doesn't "free spin up" shifting gears.
Say you had it set at 50; which would be 3rd or 4th gear, and you're stopped at a light.
You roll out like normal, shift to 2nd, and hit the cruise. It would accelerate, but when you pushed the clutch in to shift it would disengage, you shift to 3rd, hit the "Resume" on the cruise, it would come to speed and stay there; now if you want to drop RPM's, clutch in, cruise switches out, shift to 4th, hit resume; and you're set.
I know someone will ask about "I can shift without the clutch". Yeah, but that kind of shift also involves playing with the throttle; you lose that control and the engine would start heading towards the redline, and past. At this point, it's your call, disengage the cruise, or watch your motor go
BOOM2.png

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At this point, it's your call, disengage the cruise, or watch your motor go View attachment 11189
Cruise will be a great (and free... thank you very much EM) feature of AMT and manual Elios.
Gotta say my last several (older and used) vehicles had, and have, rev limiters.
I'd be surprised if the Elio didn't have one on it. For those unfamiliar...
Most limiters only works when there's no load on the engine.
So they work well in both automatic and manual trans.
BTW, both my motorcycles have rev limiters too.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Cruise will be a great (and free... thank you very much EM) feature of AMT and manual Elios.
Gotta say my last several (older and used) vehicles had, and have, rev limiters.
I'd be surprised if the Elio didn't have one on it. For those unfamiliar...
Most limiters only works when there's no load on the engine.
So they work well in both automatic and manual trans.
BTW, both my motorcycles have rev limiters too.
<Psssttt not all of them heheheheheh>

Well from the factory yes, after certain folks have owned their bikes for a while, they can somehow disappear ;)

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And they do work with a load on the engine, I have hit the limiter while passing on my bikes often. Such a shock the first time, LOL. And you can hear engines bouncing on the rev limiters in cars in drift videos all the time. You can remove them with ECU tunes, but I would never do that. Raise it maybe, but not get rid of it.

I would be shocked if the Elio did not have a rev limiter set.

James Lee

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I'm still at a 10. Jumped all in 01/31/14.
What I'm wondering has to do with what was stated to entice me to "go all in" for $1.000. It stated that if I
went 'all in' at the $1,000 level, when production began, I would get $1,500 off the $6,800 price. Where do I stand now
that the price has risen ? IOs there anyone qualified to give an answer ?

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What I'm wondering has to do with what was stated to entice me to "go all in" for $1.000. It stated that if I
went 'all in' at the $1,000 level, when production began, I would get $1,500 off the $6,800 price. Where do I stand now
The $6,800 price was never a guarantee. If you went all-in at that date, and qualified for a $1500 bonus, you still get a great deal. It's like this: If you sign the commitment form, the price to you is $7,000, and you still get your $1500 off that. So your cost will be $5,500, with the commitment form, $5,800 without it. Rejoice and be glad.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score

The $6,800 price was never a guarantee. If you went all-in at that date, and qualified for a $1500 bonus, you still get a great deal. It's like this: If you sign the commitment form, the price to you is $7,000, and you still get your $1500 off that. So your cost will be $5,500, with the commitment form, $5,800 without it. Rejoice and be glad.

What EKH said. I knew going in the price was not a set price. I am actually more than thrilled that the final price is $7K at the locked in price. Actually closer to the $6800 than I thought they could get. So that aspect only increases my optimism.

Top Bottom