• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wheel Fenders, Fairings, Skirts, Covers

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
:pLOL, Zelio. Maybe they'll put the tire stem on the inside where you can see more of the tire at once. Maybe we can arrange to only get flat tires when the stem is visable...
:p:D:):cool:
This is more fun than…
skewer, tweak; assail, attack, blast, clobber, slam, slash;nick (at), snipe (at); beef, bellyache, bitch, carp, cavil,complain, crab, croak, fuss, gripe, grouse, growl,grumble, kick, kvetch, moan, murmur, mutter, niggle,quibble, whine; admonish, chide, drub, rebuke,reprimand, reproach, reprove; berate, castigate, crucify,excoriate, flay, gibbet, hammer, keelhaul, lambaste (orlambast), lash, pillory, scold, upbraid; bad-mouth,belittle, decry, deride, discommend, disparage, put down

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Me either. I've been in groups where we were standing around and someone would lean against a car but never just up and sit on one. I'm sure it happens - just not in my realm of experience (however slight that may be)
Maybe I will get a sign that says: Beware, this car owned by a witch! Tee Hee LOL :-) Z

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One of the fender options.
upload_2014-4-25_21-17-20.jpeg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRt8GjYdrb_z1RGis9uPsfkGPhOssvHVEBLGywJa8Cu8wo2YWBw.jpg

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I only have a public math education, put would not the max distance need to expose the valve stem only be half the circumference of the tire?
Take a look at the fender. More than hale of it is covered, therefore the amount of rotation necessary to expose the valve stem is increased. If the valve stem were in fact at the 12 o'clock position, and the top half of the wheel was completely covered then a rotation of just over 90 degrees in either direction would be all that is necessary to expose the stem. With what appears to be somewhere around 240 degrees of rotation covered, and I f
Only if you know where the valve stem is, and therefore which way to roll the tire. :)
The amount of tire exposed is maybe only 30-45 degrees and only a sliver of rim. When I questioned Jerome about this he directed me toward the simplicity of removing the fender:oops:

Last edited:

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I sure am glad I own a cell phone and have AAA membership. I haven't had a flat tire in decades but if I do, they will have to handle it. In fact the real spare tire in my trunk has never been used. :) Z

Now if I get a flat tire today, I am going to be really pissed. It will be the fault of all you guys who are worrying about getting a flat tire in our Elios! LOL
Aw come on Z, I'm not any kind of a voodoo doctor. If I were we'd have a lot more answers from Eio and this world would be a much finer place to live. I just don't have that kind of Mojo!

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Take a look at the fender. More than hale of it is covered, therefore the amount of rotation necessary to expose the valve stem is increased. If the valve stem were in fact at the 12 o'clock position, and the top half of the wheel was completely covered then a rotation of just over 90 degrees in either direction would be all that is necessary to expose the stem. With what appears to be somewhere around 240 degrees of rotation covered, and I f

The amount of tire exposed is maybe only 30-45 degrees and inly a sliver of rim. When I questioned Jerome about this he directed me toward the simplicity of removing the fender:oops:

Hay, I all ready fell on that knife.
upload_2014-4-25_22-16-45.jpeg

http://www.elioowners.com/threads/fenders.268/page-19#post-14606,#182

Top Bottom