1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

What's Your Production Number? - Share You Number With Everyone On This Thread!

Discussion in 'Elio Reservations' started by Okuma, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Ty

Ty Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    I don't see how you can think the most recent posts are 8 years old, I, for one, post something on this board almost daily.

dandydon likes this.
  2. Coss

Coss Moderator Staff Member Moderator

That would sell cars and cost them, but right now they are working on investors, big money investors, so they don't need a lot of looky lous that costs them money.

3wheelin likes this.
  3. Coss

Coss Moderator Staff Member Moderator

This is the word from Elio Motors:

[​IMG]

The Elio Customer Experience Team (Elio Motors)

Feb 24, 11:49 EST

We are telling you what is happening Coss, at least what we can tell you without compromising laws or deals. We will continue to work on other topics, and communicating things that make your group happy.

Make sure to check out our blog at www.eliomotors.com/blog

Thank you,
    The Elio Team

[​IMG]
    Coss

Feb 22, 19:33 EST

I think at this point it is just to serve as a heartbeat, so people still know that at least the lights are still on, figuratively. Otherwise the haters all come out with "Ha, see, they have given up and stolen all of that money!!!"
    And this is one of the milder statements.
    Can it be said what is really going on?

Bert, 3wheelin and Johnny Acree like this.
  4. AriLea

AriLea Elio Addict

-when- it comes out, I'll still buy my three reservations. If my grand kids don't drive them, I'll be very-very surprised. One is driving age now. Another in a year, then two more a year after. They all want jobs, and yep they will have to pay their own way. :-)

3wheelin likes this.
  5. Marshall

Marshall Elio Addict

There is a significant difference between new posts and new information. Almost all of the information about the car and building of it is somewhat dated and keeps getting rehashed.

New information is usually something like, we have plans we can't tell you about because of X, Y or Z. And the chasing of crypto as a funding mechanism does not give me confidence.

Still, I hope they manage to get to production, though it's looking increasingly unlikely.

But I DO NOT think it has been a scam. It's just a high risk plan which doesn't seem to be working out at this point. And I really do hope they figure out how to produce the cars, so I'm not a nay-sayer.

Bert, Coss and 3wheelin like this.
  6. Ty

Ty Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Gotcha. I may have misread Jag's post. I thought he was saying that there were no new posts and didn't think he meant no new information.

Aside from the announcement that Roush was going to develop a new prototype employing the OEM powertrain, there hasn't been much in the way of new information since September 2018. With Roush, that's only been 4 months now... IF they started work already which is something that we don't actually know. We know they agreed to take on the project but don't know the timeline (like if Roush is waiting on some payment before beginning).

7. 3wheelin

3wheelin Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Roush, like the rest of them that partnered with EM are all waiting for FUNDING to start, continue or finish what they've started. That's the only thing I can believe at this point that I don't have to guess.

Bert likes this.
  8. Ty

Ty Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    How sure are we that Roush hasn't been paid to start already?

9. 3wheelin

3wheelin Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Not really sure Ty, I would guess EM won't hesitate to announce that funding has been found and that Roush has commenced work on the EOM drive-train....or could it violate their gag order????:confused2::tape2:

10. Ty

Ty Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    If Elio is providing the vehicle (they are), Roush would only need to acquire an engine from the OEM who will provide engines and do the engineering, NHV study, and fitting. That may not take much in the way of funding to get done though I really don't know. It wouldn't be like they were starting from a blank sheet. Elio has all the other engineering and CAD drawings to jump start the process. It doesn't seem like it would take THAT long to refine the Elio enough to make it driveable and manufacturable. (new word!)

Bert likes this.