• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What's The Deal With Rucrazye?

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't forget the Palouse! And Spokane for that matter, a great little burg, capital of the Inland Empire and a stone's throw from a ton of lakes including CdA! Don't forget the coast from Washington on south, beautiful and not to be missed! I'm still trying to figure out how not to spend money on Vancouver Island AriLea! Victoria is one of my favorites to visit! Pike Place Market is fun too. You are just so lucky. Now I know it is viewed as heresy here in Denver but if the opportunity came up I would move to the NW! It's too dry in Denver as a rule and yes, for me too hot and sunny. That's not true right now, plenty-o-rain and more to come.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't forget the Palouse! And Spokane for that matter, a great little burg, capital of the Inland Empire and a stone's throw from a ton of lakes including CdA! Don't forget the coast from Washington on south, beautiful and not to be missed! I'm still trying to figure out how not to spend money on Vancouver Island AriLea! Victoria is one of my favorites to visit! Pike Place Market is fun too. You are just so lucky. Now I know it is viewed as heresy here in Denver but if the opportunity came up I would move to the NW! It's too dry in Denver as a rule and yes, for me too hot and sunny. That's not true right now, plenty-o-rain and more to come.

Wow, you sound almost like a travel sales agent. ;)

When they started mentioning all of the places to see here, I was counting down on how many of them I have done living here.
You've left out the cool places like Leavenworth and the a lot of the little towns up Hwy 2; like Gold Bar, Index, Grand Coulee, Stevens Pass and Rocky Reach Dam.
And if you do the North Cascade Hwy Cruise; stop in the old west town of Winthrop and make sure to stop in at 3 Finger Jack's Saloon.
I spent a lot of time traveling Hwy 2 because when I first moved here, I was living in Everett.
There is so much to see and do with just simple road trips on the bike. I used to do weekend trips, fill the tank with gas, pack some weed (remember it is legal here) munchies, the sleeping bag and just go wherever the road took me.

Moving here was done on a whim; it was 1975, I had gone through my first divorce, the world felt like it was crumbling around me, and a girl I was seeing at the time said "I have to move to Washington all by myself, you want to come along?" 24 hours later with $200 in my pocket and 2 bags of belongings we hit the road in a "drive away" and I've been here ever since; 40 years this October.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow, you sound almost like a travel sales agent. ;)

When they started mentioning all of the places to see here, I was counting down on how many of them I have done living here.
You've left out the cool places like Leavenworth and the a lot of the little towns up Hwy 2; like Gold Bar, Index, Grand Coulee, Stevens Pass and Rocky Reach Dam.
And if you do the North Cascade Hwy Cruise; stop in the old west town of Winthrop and make sure to stop in at 3 Finger Jack's Saloon.
I spent a lot of time traveling Hwy 2 because when I first moved here, I was living in Everett.
There is so much to see and do with just simple road trips on the bike. I used to do weekend trips, fill the tank with gas, pack some weed (remember it is legal here) munchies, the sleeping bag and just go wherever the road took me.

Moving here was done on a whim; it was 1975, I had gone through my first divorce, the world felt like it was crumbling around me, and a girl I was seeing at the time said "I have to move to Washington all by myself, you want to come along?" 24 hours later with $200 in my pocket and 2 bags of belongings we hit the road in a "drive away" and I've been here ever since; 40 years this October.
Winthrop is a great little place and the drive on Hwy 2 is one of the best! I spent 5 years in Portland going to school, met my wife and moved to Spokane area for 7 years. I really do like it up there and would probably move to the Portland area again simply because Seattle is so spread out and the traffic is, er, challenging. I really like the Olympic Peninsula and all that is available there. I mean, you can go to Forks for pete's sake! East or West Washington has a lot. My wife said that God ran out of ideas for the middle of the state.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know! Cap't. Spaulding

Don't sleep too heavily, never know what you might miss!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score

We moved to CdA in retirement. It's a beautiful Resort City don't miss it. My wife volunteers at the Visitor's Center and traveler's appreciate all the activities, the quaint City by the Lake, and the shear beauty of the area. A vacation or golfing destination for many and Barbara Walters described it as a little slice of heaven.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My wife grew up in what is now Spokane Valley and spent a lot of time out on various lakes and rivers in the area. Girl Scout camp every summer on Lake CdA. She has very fond memories of the area. One of my favorite events in Spokane in September is the Interstate Fair. It makes a goodly number of state fairs (not those of the Midwest, there the state fairs are serious business!) seem a little pathetic. Great fun! You're in a beautiful spot for retirement Rick!

Top Bottom