• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Latest Start Production Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A million dollar idea with 10 cents worth of advertising gets you pennys
A 10 cent idea with a million dollars in advertising gets you millions.

We need more exposure!!! both fror the deep pockets, and the rest of us.!!!

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A million dollar idea with 10 cents worth of advertising gets you pennys
A 10 cent idea with a million dollars in advertising gets you millions.

We need more exposure!!! both fror the deep pockets, and the rest of us.!!!
I suggest that all reservation holders pay the rest of that they will owe. That way it will get the timeline started. This advertising will show how the real customers believe in the product.

Ace

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suggest that all reservation holders pay the rest of that they will owe. That way it will get the timeline started. This advertising will show how the real customers believe in the product.

If putting my money down tomorrow guaranteed production starting in 72 weeks from the day after, then you bet I would do it.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would as well as long as the money is held in escrow and only released if the full production funding is raised.

On that note, why don't we do it ourselves? If a few of us and 40,000 or so of our closest friends were to commit the base price of the Elio to a collective fund, we could then loan that to Elio to get production started.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would as well as long as the money is held in escrow and only released if the full production funding is raised.

...we could then loan that to Elio to get production started.
Well, since it would be a LOAN, you could forget about any guaranteed payback OR any guarantee on delivery.
Even with the full funding that they've estimated they need to start popping them out the door...
Sh*t happens. Most of the time to nice people. I'll pass on this.
Basis? Not very far on $140M

BTW, Ampere Motor sent out requests for an additional $1600 from each of their reservation holders. Originally it was supposed to be what, a $200 deposit? The bad part of that is that Ampere still hasn't shown as much as a new real running prototype with a real targa top, door and/or trunk. So far they only have the recently fabricated unpainted topless, doorless and trunkless re-designed prototype. Oh, they also wanted the additional deposits in the form of a check with the choice of vehicle color notated at the bottom of said check. No guarantee, no contract, no paperwork, nothing. Just "send us a check so we can make your vehicle." I'm in touch with a lot of reservation holders and no-one that I know of has sent them an additional dime. LMAO.

Besides, after many of us lost up to 8+% of their "conservative" retirements in the last three months "because the economy is so much better than it was", we may not be in the mood to part with that amount of money as easily as we would have been six months ago. Especially with no guarantees.

Last edited:

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It doesn't necessarily have to be a loan. We could come to an agreement with Elio on how the investment would work. And we don't have to stop at the $256Million that Elio says they need. Make it $350Million (40k* $8750) to ensure there's room to cover unexpected costs.

raptor213

Elio Addict
Reaction score
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/reviews/2019-toyota-prius-preview/

So Toyota unleashed the RAV4 AWD Hybrid this year, and announced that the Prius AWD-e will become available in 2019 with a similar electric AWD architecture. What got my attention is this mention:

"... Toyota isn't terribly worried about the continued success of the Prius in the face of automakers slashing non-SUV lineups. The company expects to sell about 50,000 examples of the Prius liftback in 2019, in addition to the 4.3 million it's already sold. Furthermore, about 25 percent of next year's sales are expected to come thanks to the latest trick up the Prius' sleeve: all-wheel drive."

Contextual anecdote -- if Toyota only expects to move 50,000 units of their 4th generation Prius hatchback in 2019, then how are we to believe the forecast production numbers of the Elio project, claiming market demand for 3-5x that figure annually?

As for economies of scale, assuming the Bill of Materials cost for each Elio vehicle is predicated on producing upwards of 250,000 units annually, but only a fraction of that target is met, a new fear that I haven't yet conceived comes to life: what if vehicles miraculously do roll off the assembly line, but once all reserved units have been delivered there is scant public interest in the vehicle, leaving no choice but to shutter operations. I don't know what's worse -- to have no Elio at all, or to own an Elio that I am unable to source OEM parts for. The most minor of repairs could set the stage for total vehicle replacement in the event parts aren't available.

I was sold on the pretense of off-the-shelf components from the conceptual beginning, but we all know where that legacy strategy ended up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom