• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Do We Know About The Elio Chassis?

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If memory serves, it actually is 1/2 inch wider that the front tires. But in this drawing it looks larger in diameter, too. I don't know if it really is or not. Ask the Elio Oracle.

Hey, I just thought of a Pep Boy's tire special since the back one's a different size. "Buy two front tires, get the rear tire free!" :D

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As expected the exhaust system has been rerouted down the right side of the vehicle however what is unexpected is the exhaust exiting at the rear to the left of the rear wheel. As until now we have been told that the exhaust would not exit at the rear because the fuel tank was in the way, making routing the exhaust to the rear difficult, this image now has me wondering if the recent news about the slight fuel tank size reduction may actually be attributable to this new exhaust routing.

This view of the chassis shows a lot of changes from the P4 construction and some earlier images. It shows stamped/formed pieces, door opening flanges for seals, crush zone details, and the front seat slider mechanism, probably with a 'last position' feature for movement during rear seat entrance/exit.

As I understand it, the rear seat-to-ceiling height increase was obtained by lowering the gas tank AND raising the roof slightly. Hence a thinner, flatter, slightly smaller gas tank. The change in the gas tank may have enabled the movement of the exhaust outlet. Facts would be nice, but I have no new ones at hand ... maybe you do.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Better?
supply_zpsqurdhy5g.jpg

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, G1, this is great, but it's a damn fuzzogram. Can you get an .eps version or a high res jpg file we can download? Thanks from the world's first braille photographer, moi.

The forum software is cutting my image down as the original is 2x the size however even so the images itself is fuzzy on the video. I am going to try and ask nicely and maybe EM will provide a nice original. :D

This links to my original screenshot image: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxh8JmkBAL7wbXVPU1VLQnlfU00/view?usp=sharing

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wonder if the gas cap is still on the right side ? :rolleyes:

Seriously, if they would let the forum make a run of posters I WANT ONE !
What I would like is an Elio calender to put up at work. Lot's of pictures out there. Why not take the best 12 we can find and (with Elio's permission of course) make a calender?

Top Bottom