• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Color Elio Are You Getting?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sadly, Yellow is a color that is least chosen, so substituting for some other least chosen color makes sense. Perhaps they can offer an unpopular color of the month. However, it will be too late for me as a two-tone Marshmallow/Creamsicle Elio should be setting in my garage with many fun miles logged on, but Go Yelio!

image.jpg

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like both Red and Yellow, because those colors would be most visible, esp. at night.

But in the end, I'd probably go with Cotton Candy Pink with a big ol' "Happy Bunny" stenciled on the front hood. No self-respecting car thief would dare touch it.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I like both Red and Yellow, because those colors would be most visible, esp. at night.

But in the end, I'd probably go with Cotton Candy Pink with a big ol' "Happy Bunny" stenciled on the front hood. No self-respecting car thief would dare touch it.
We'll just call you EverReady from now on.... :thumb:

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
is the Chevy 2 tone?, did they still have the gas cap behind the rear fin- I remember my dad's Impala -chrome with a twist handle that blended in perfectly.
IMG_2397.JPG

It wasn't two-tone originally, but I did wind up painting the roof white. Yea the gas cap is under the fin (drivers side everyone!)
This is actually the last picture I've taken of it (the paint is beat), at the time I was installing the disc brakes.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score

You'd be surprised how dark a "bright" red really is. Using computer RGB color, 100% red has a luminance value of about 50% -- not very bright at all. That why red objects give your autofocus problems, especially in low light levels. Visually, a red object on a gray field is very hard to distinguish. See the attached excerpt from my book,"Explorations in Photography," for illustrations and explanations.

If you want red to look bright, add yellow and a little black.

Attachments

• Autofocus combined.pdf
    617.4 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been saying Creamsickle right along, but I'm starting to change my mind. Depends on my money situation at the time. But Iust for a Silas Sunday semi-wrap. And lust is the word, all right. So if the money is available, I'll go for whatever color / wrap combo looks best.

I'm sure Elio will be working with Silas to offer detailed designs or even pre-cut kits as options. They'd both be nuts not to work something out together!

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You'd be surprised how dark a "bright" red really is. Using computer RGB color, 100% red has a luminance value of about 50% -- not very bright at all. That why red objects give your autofocus problems, especially in low light levels. Visually, a red object on a gray field is very hard to distinguish. See the attached excerpt from my book,"Explorations in Photography," for illustrations and explanations.
You're giving me flashbacks!, I work on color printers, and I'm always asked to get the page to look like the screen, GOOD GRIEF! it's like getting crayons on paper to look like stained glass in a church! and don't get me started on why your color laser printer doesn't look like your color ink printer...
My favorite thing to do was to adjust their monitor to match the paper and not the other way around..

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You're giving me flashbacks!, I work on color printers, and I'm always asked to get the page to look like the screen, GOOD GRIEF! it's like getting crayons on paper to look like stained glass in a church! and don't get me started on why your color laser printer doesn't look like your color ink printer...
My favorite thing to do was to adjust their monitor to match the paper and not the other way around..
The relationship between transmissive light and reflected light -- screen vs. paper (or plastic body panels, for that matter) gives me heartburn every time I print. Even emulating the paper in Photoshop doesn't really cut it. So for fine art and restoration work alike, I make test prints and adjust. Theoretically this isn't necessary, but in reality -- you bet it is.

Top Bottom