• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Color Do You Want

What color do you want

• Total voters

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like red but according to the stats so do the cops and this is the only reason I do not want red . As for Black in my opinion this is by far the richest color but requires a lot more attention if you want it looking rich all the time. I have had several black cars and it was a love hate relationship.....I loved the color but hated washing it all the time lol :)

just think...soon, you will have "half as much" to wash! :humble:

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I appreciate that link. Since I have never bought a new vehicle, color has never been as important to me as the brand & Quality. I do have a habit of "personalizing" whatever color I end up with. I have thought a lot about what I will do once it is sitting in my garage and honestly, the plan is different with each color! ........I might have to buy 7 of them!
8 if they decide to make them in "the color we do not speak of." :becky:

Hint: it rhymes with "phlegmon" :lemo:

Last edited:

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Great minds, so they say...

Are you planning on a DIY wrap, or taking it to a shop?

I'm planning to take a week off work and backing the thing into my garage. One panel at a time, take my time. The hard part (for me) is removing all the badging, door handles, and trim. (I hate that. ...but fortunately, only one door handle... Yippee!) I've also purchased a low end vinyl cutter for decals and such...

First wrap, Mario Cart (red w/ blue & white accents & Mario logo on the hood). Couple of years later, Riddler Mobile (metalic purple & green with question marks). Third wrap, Chrome or Copper. Final, peel it all off to sell.

-sterling

I expect...
no
I DEMAND pics when you do this.

And the outfit.... and a blue shell.

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like red but according to the stats so do the cops and this is the only reason I do not want red .
The cops don't pick out red. The reason statistics show this is that people who drive red cars tend to drive more agressively.
Personally I've owned many red cars, including Corvettes and Camaros. I don't drive like a Grand-Pa, even though I are one.
The last time I got a ticket was 1964, and that was in a black '41 Chevy sedan.

aahz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am wondering about wraps though. Read alot from y'all about them, never dealt with them myself. Might be a good idea for mine? How easy are they to put on/change? Could maybe be something to easily change from 1 scheme to another? ?

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am wondering about wraps though. Read alot from y'all about them, never dealt with them myself. Might be a good idea for mine? How easy are they to put on/change? Could maybe be something to easily change from 1 scheme to another? ?
They are NOT for the faint of heart..........takes YEARS of practice :D

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I posted a couple of videos before that showed what it took to wrap a vehicle; didn't you see them?

If not, here they are:
Information on wraps for Cars

http://www.queenofwraps.com/our-work/

Videos

Long one 30 min

The two in the first video have been doing it for some time now.
And that was some really thick wrap material she was using.
As you can see; there is a lot of room to make a LOT of mistakes; if you cut it too short, you can't patch in a piece.

Top Bottom