• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Two More Prototypes

Autoxdriver

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
They have some good photoshop skills, they have a white P4 on the main site that looks incredibly real. It's the only P4 I think looks good, I may actually consider that color now although I know I'd be a pain to keep clean.

Last edited:

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
0-Yellow_zps29aeef2d.jpg
IF as Paul states; they will be making 18-26 of these...... and they have not even finished/shown P4 #2 (its been over 7 weeks)..... how are they going to get them MADE and TESTED..... before Production starts 1st or 2nd Qtr 2015? Personally, I like this one:

Jerry Greif

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 251 IF as Paul states; they will be making 18-26 of these...... and they have not even finished/shown P4 #2 (its been over 7 weeks)..... how are they going to get them MADE and TESTED..... before Production starts 1st or 2nd Qtr 2015? Personally, I like this one:
Seeing pictures like this is great, its another sigh of progress.

Cooter

Elio Fan
Reaction score
View attachment 251 IF as Paul states; they will be making 18-26 of these...... and they have not even finished/shown P4 #2 (its been over 7 weeks)..... how are they going to get them MADE and TESTED..... before Production starts 1st or 2nd Qtr 2015? Personally, I like this one:
dido like to know updated time line and progression

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
dido like to know updated time line and progression

The next step is the P5 due out around June which should be very close to the final production Elio including the final engine and transmission. After building and testing the P5 if they feel it needs more tweaking before production they have the option of building a P6.

It is my understanding that the 18-25 prototypes are planned to be built in the fall or winter on a mini production line where they will lay out all the production steps and make any changes before the actual production line starts up. These should be pumped out relatively quickly and will be used mainly for crash testing however some may also be used for test drives prior to production.

I know we like following along however nothing is going to happen fast as these steps are expected to be spread out over the next 9-12 months or so. We just have to be patient and hope they let us know as we move closer to completing each major milestone.

Top Bottom