• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Trunk Questions

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
X663q6s.jpg

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I emailed Elio inquiring if the trunk would be big enough to fit full size airline checked baggage and the answer is no.

Airline baggage dimensions: 28.5" x 19" x 10.5"
Trunk dimensions: 27″ x 14″ x 10″

It looks like I'll either be in long term parking during trips or go to the airport in a friends' car.

??? HOW ABOUT WITH THE SEAT FOLDED DOWN ?
THEY SAID THE ELIO COULD CARRY A BAG OF GOLF CLUBS !

IF I CAN FIT THIS MUCH IN MY FREEWAY .....................
DSC_0273.JPG

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you really want to leave your Elio in long term airport parking?
I wouldn't
If I was going to be gone for 3 days to a week; I'd either get a ride; or take the Airporter (shared ride to the airport that picks you up at your front door).
I hate leaving a good car parked at the airport if it was over an hour or 2.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like the idea of the Elio as an airport queen. Smaller so less likely to get dinged up and plastic body panels to resist dings. Cheap to replace in case it gets stolen but more reliable than a cheap used car so it will start when you get back from a trip.

When I was a road warrior for IBM I bought a small car just to use for airport duty since the taxi was absurdly expensive, much more so per month than a car payment and long term parking fees. That was in the days before Uber and Lyft, so it may be different now. Still, wouldn't it be nice to return to your Elio waiting to drive you home rather than some stranger?

Top Bottom