• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

This Is The Last And Final Post From Me

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's cool. When I went there it seemed like I still could. But obviously didn't go far enuff to enter my credit card number in again.
You can't even get that far. Just go in and try it. No matter what you do, your cart will remain empty, thus you can't go any further than that. No matter how hard you try, you are in an endless loop of an empty shopping cart. This happened soon after the Ocotber 31, 2018 t-shirt deadline past. I do not know if you already have a reservation and can upgrade. Only someone that has one of those could see how far they could go. I suspect, that it will not be far.

Looks like Elio is keeping the ordering site up and ready to go when they get funding, they can turn it back on quickly. As of now it's a placeholder.

Ghastly

Reaction score
Mine as well. Banned without explanation and not worth setting the 'fo back up on a site for a vehicle deader than a squirrel on I-93. Perhaps it wasn't appreciated that I posted that Connie was no longer with Elio? Who knows...

Anyway, good luck everyone with your next venture.

<S>

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
”You can't even get that far. Just go in and try it. No matter what you do, your cart will remain empty, thus you can't go any further than that. No matter how hard you try, you are in an endless loop of an empty shopping cart.”

——————————

Unfortunately that again further fits the ‘modus operandi’ of EM: Paul and Co. would rather have the superficial image and simplicity of dis-enabling a function than just saying, admitting, or ‘God forbid!’ updating anything, anywhere!! It is not at all dissimilar to many of the other rumors and disingenuous ‘information’ conveniently (for Paul and Co.) leaked or promoted that always seemed to benefit the ESG Engineering principals but were, and apparently still are, at the peril and cost of Elio Motors’ (and by default ESG Engineering) reservationists and stock investors. Again, more of the fluff absent the stuff.

Last edited:

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So here's some questions: If Elio Motors folds, would you ever consider investing or buying another product from Paul Elio? I'm thinking when this is all over Paul will be somewhat unemployed. Will ESG be brought back to life in another fashion? Will Paul try to join another startup? Will Paul just go out and get a job working for someone else? Did he make enough money from Elio Motors to retire? It will be interesting to see what happens.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Can Paul (and others) retire from this, by any accounting this was a ‘windfall.’

I personally hold Hari S. Iyer equally responsible, if not more at certain junctures, and for various decisions and overall business practices. His resume and experiences speak to a professionalism that for some reason never materialized, with Elio, ESG Engineering or his other pursuits, IMH0. One might even say Hari is the ‘conjuror’ behind the curtain. My $ .02, fwiw.

Paul and / or Hari are certainly able to join this site, send me a PM, and convince me otherwise. lol

After all, this is probably the last and only (very recently!) objective forum remaining: all the others mercilessly ‘trash’ Elio Motors and Paul, personally. Kudos to the organizers and mods to allow a more broad perspective.

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
”You can't even get that far. Just go in and try it. No matter what you do, your cart will remain empty, thus you can't go any further than that. No matter how hard you try, you are in an endless loop of an empty shopping cart.”

——————————

Unfortunately that again further fits the ‘modus operandi’ of EM: Paul and Co. would rather have the superficial image and simplicity of dis-enabling a function than just saying, admitting, or ‘God forbid!’ updating anything, anywhere!! It is not at all dissimilar to many of the other rumors and disingenuous ‘information’ conveniently (for Paul and Co.) leaked or promoted that always seemed to benefit the ESG Engineering principals but were, and apparently still are, at the peril and cost of Elio Motors’ (and by default ESG Engineering) reservationists and stock investors. Again, more of the fluff absent the stuff.
This brings up a point that I have hit upon before. Let's say that Elio Motors gets funding and everyone is happy. They get to the point where the Elio is rolling off the assembly line and everyone is getting theirs. 12 months later Elio Motors is in financial dire straits yet again. Elio has set the example of when things are not going according to plan, they just stop communicating and doing anything. This turns into a problem like it did with the DeLorean. A bunch of product out there that can't be serviced and when they fall apart and break down, the reservationists are left with a non operational vehicle and Elio will do nothing about it.
I feel that's even worse because people get their Elio yet it turns into a nightmare for everyone except the people here as they will be able to keep it going but in the end, that super cheap Elio becomes an expensive purchase in the long run.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This brings up a point that I have hit upon before. Let's say that Elio Motors gets funding and everyone is happy. They get to the point where the Elio is rolling off the assembly line and everyone is getting theirs. 12 months later Elio Motors is in financial dire straits yet again. Elio has set the example of when things are not going according to plan, they just stop communicating and doing anything. This turns into a problem like it did with the DeLorean. A bunch of product out there that can't be serviced and when they fall apart and break down, the reservationists are left with a non operational vehicle and Elio will do nothing about it.
I feel that's even worse because people get their Elio yet it turns into a nightmare for everyone except the people here as they will be able to keep it going but in the end, that super cheap Elio becomes an expensive purchase in the long run.
I'll still buy it in a heart beat at 7K even if their company folds the next they after my purchase- it's the simplest 3cyl. 3wheeler any garage can service. Delorean is 3-4 levels more complicated so it's apples and oranges. ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom