• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Real P5 ?

champsman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is Infinite Skyz still in the game? I just look at the web site, and it just looks like not much going on.

received this today, for anybody that is interested

Hello Maury,

Thank you for your inquiry. We plan to support all major device platforms when the Elio vehicle is available. This includes Android. We are still working on final pricing for the system. We expect to have the final pricing in place approximately 3 months before the vehicle launch.

Best Regards,

The Infinite Skyz Team

On 1/19/16 5:23 PM, maury champ wrote:
Gentlemen;
After looking at your system, with much liking, the main question is ... Is Apple the only system or is Android useable also? (Really dislike Apple products)
Also has a price been planned for install in a Elio yet?
Thank You in advance
Maury Champ

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So, if someone here can enlighten the uninformed here. I have a tablet with Android as part of the system. Will this be able to interact with the Elio if I were to include Skyz? While it can and does pick up and use wireless, it has no output of its own, so inquiring minds, (mine at least) want to know!!

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So, if someone here can enlighten the uninformed here. I have a tablet with Android as part of the system. Will this be able to interact with the Elio if I were to include Skyz? While it can and does pick up and use wireless, it has no output of its own, so inquiring minds, (mine at least) want to know!!

From what I understand, Skyz is a complete package. It will give wireless internet to your tablet device and to any other devices in the car (such as a passenger might have). It will have a rear view camera that connects to the tablet as well.

Beyond that, not much is known. We don't know if it will include any other sensors or devices. We don't know if it will include on-board diagnostics. We don't know how much the package will cost as an option. We don't know if there will be a monthly fee for the internet, or if it will be based on usage, or some combination. It sounds like most of the folks here are already working out homebrew methods to get those functions, but if the Skyz package is the right combination of utility and price then I'll probably get it.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IIRC, you have the option to get the Android system or iOS, but it won't work for both.

I could be wrong though. I'm just trying to go from memory.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IIRC, you have the option to get the Android system or iOS, but it won't work for both.

I could be wrong though. I'm just trying to go from memory.

IMHO, that doesn't seem too likely. The industry standard for 'full' systems is to have all hardware to communicate, be it Bluetooth or Wifi or connector(s), and a setting to choose which and for what remote control. Then the apps required are downloadable, and on DVD/CD for your control device. While you can't use both at the same time, you can set to the one that you intend to use.
The exception to that is when using an uncommon direct connector, and in that case you might need to buy the adaptor accessory, which (granted) is in the $30 range.
For the system price I would expect a kit included that includes connector accessories for the primary control devices, android, apple, iOS tablets etc..
Admittedly, for me 2, I could be wrong.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes. I'd assume that Skyz will have the app on the Google app store. If your tablet is a kindle, it may be a bit more tricky. I've found apps I couldn't get on my kindle because Amazon didn't carry them.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've found apps I couldn't get on my kindle because Amazon didn't carry them.
There are ways to get an app over to your Kindle, if you have it on another Android device like your phone. You need to get an app on your Android device that will let you back up the APK file to something like Drive/Box/Dropbox. Then download and install the APK file on the Kindle. I've done it with a game or two. May not work if the app requires a newer version of Android.

Top Bottom