• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Motors Website Is So Outdated And Confusing

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul also said-
5 star safety rating
Some high percentage of American made, off the shelf, parts.
The retro "clock dash" dedicated to his dad.
AND years ago I should have had my E going in for it's 60k check-up.
Just so you know, Paul never mentioned American made, when it came to parts content.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just so you know, Paul never mentioned American made, when it came to parts content.

True, one of the must haves is "North American" content. So that could also come from Canada or Mexico but assembled in the US.

"Must-have 3: All-American Pedigree

Elio is American-made targeting utilization of 90% North American content, and we have re-engineered existing technology throughout. That means no trial and error anywhere. Just tried and true everywhere."

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
True, one of the must haves is "North American" content. So that could also come from Canada or Mexico but assembled in the US.

"Must-have 3: All-American Pedigree

Elio is American-made targeting utilization of 90% North American content, and we have re-engineered existing technology throughout. That means no trial and error anywhere. Just tried and true everywhere."
Also, this what was called NAFTA but is now USMCA. That means, your parts made in North America, now cost more. If you notice, it's been out of the news. So, that $7450 Elio became more expensive 6 months ago. There's nothing that Elio Motors can do about it either.

Elio could make 90% in Mexico and 10% in China but make everyone happy because it's assembled in the US. Remember, the engine was to be made in Shreveport but now it will not (I wonder what that does to the 1500 jobs promise). Only motor I can find made in the North America that would fit the Elio specs, was one from FCA.

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
...and on the flip side, show me the proof that 84 mpg is impossible using the same exact specs that passenger cars have to use!
That's not how it works. When you are to use 84 mpg, then you have to be comparing it to passenger cars and a set specification that they use to determine it. It's just like a 100 mpg F150 is possible but not using the same specs that I have to use for every other 4 wheeled vehicle. It's like using your own version of a tape measure that you make up your own version of what an inch is. If that's what you do, then your name is Smokey Yunick and you came back from the dead.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's not how it works. When you are to use 84 mpg, then you have to be comparing it to passenger cars and a set specification that they use to determine it. It's just like a 100 mpg F150 is possible but not using the same specs that I have to use for every other 4 wheeled vehicle. It's like using your own version of a tape measure that you make up your own version of what an inch is. If that's what you do, then your name is Smokey Yunick and you came back from the dead.
That is so funny and nice try, but ok I'll entertain it however infant your question is- first comparing means 3 wheels to 3 wheels, 2nd Paul never said anything that " compared to OTHER vehicles of it's class, our ELIO will do 84mpg....". So stop using that word compare because it does not work here. Bottom line, get an access to the ELIO, use any existing 3cy. Motor available and see if it'll break 84mpg or not! That's how it works!

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
...o yeah, then show us, enlighten us, and give us some real numbers here how you do it- and prove to us 84 mpg is not possible using it's current state, even using the old, burrowed and discontinued 3cy. motor! Take your time!

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio Motors never said the Elio WOULD get 84 MPG. They used "weasel" words, a clarifier, and said UP TO. That means it could get less than and still not violate any false advertisement laws. On the flip side, they never said it couldn't get more than 84 MPG either. I wonder how many people would sue if it got 90 instead? In essence, their wording could be re-worded into "it might get 85 MPG". It might not.

Top Bottom