• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Motors Website Is So Outdated And Confusing

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was surfing the Elio website today.

One page still features the Elio designed motor, and on another page, there’s the news release concerning the off-the-shelf motor.

My point is, Elio’s website has numerous errors, and still highlights conflicting and outdated information.

And, there’s also the 25% reservation bonus still in effect. That makes absolutely no sense!

Paul, it’s time to revamp and clean up your website. It’s just jam packed with questionable marketing fluff!

BA4AF02A-1C18-4407-BBD5-5655381515DE.jpeg
1FBB1C89-714C-46A5-A0E8-E616A2A801F4.jpeg

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I did find out something depressing. If I get a $1K non refundable then, "Reserve by October 31, 2018 and receive a limited edition Elio T-Shirt." Looks like I'm 4 months too late.
On the flip side I get this, "The best part is you'll be one of the very first to receive delivery" and "An Elio bumper sticker."

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay... the whole thing about developing their own motor is quite misleading. The motor was never really tested in a vehicle, never completed (the variable cam was never developed), and will not be in the production version of Elios. So THAT part definitely needs to come out. I'd also remove the parts that say "Nothing says momentum like massive mass media coverage..." I haven't seen a single positive article about Elio in probably well over a year.

I'm still hanging in there, Paul!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I asked in my previous post and I'll ask it again, what exactly does Elio need to post that is more factual and updated website?
One possible update that should be made is regarding the change in the most important long-term decision Paul made regarding the Elio engine and partnership with IAV in the first post of the thread. Update: The recent announcement of using an off the shelf engine might be the best decision made in a long time.

I’m interested enough in the Elio to check out Elio Marketing’s website periodically hoping for updates and or announcements. I ass.u.me you all do the same? Updating the website would be something to keep Chip Stempeck, Chief Elio Marketer and weekly Blog Writer busy.

I was thinking what ZELIO might say. Should the most respected long time running Elio Owners Forum and Forum members in good conscience recommend to a family member, friend, or general newcomer to Elio Marketing and the Elio Owners Forum to place a non-refundable reservation deposit? I don’t think Z with her common sense and relative kindness would. Perhaps a wait for EM’s funding announcement before placing even a refundable reservation deposit would be the most appropriate recommendation and greatly appreciated by those newbies to Elio with little to no Elio Marketing history. Go Elio, but go with caution at this point in time, rather than blind faith and trust.

Top Bottom