• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Automatic Transmission

A-Rod

Reaction score
Is there any info on the automatic transmission?

I test drove a Smart Car a few years ago that has a CVT (continuously variable transmission). The Smart CVT is totally unacceptable because it produces a pronounced 'lurch' when it shifts. I actually felt a bit motion sick from just a short test drive.

Pleeeeeease tell me the Elio will avoid that ?!?!
Sticking with manual so no one can drive it no one i know can drive manual..lol sucks for them

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Heck yeah would love paddle shifters
Hi and welcome from Oregon, A-Rod. Thank you for including your location on your Profile. Most of us had that information but the locations all had to be removed last week when the site underwent an upgrade. Unforunateiy, most people have not replaced that information. I love knowing where people are from. I am so glad you have your t-shirt, bumper sticker (mine is on the lip of the trunk of my Camery) and your production #. That is so cool. I sincerely hope you enjoy this interesting and diverse group of people and all they have to offer. It is a treat to spend time here and there is almost always something new to learn. See you next year when we are driving our new Elios! :-) Z

trock59

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting that it gets MORE MPG than a normal manual.

I am REALLY looking forward to the transmission options.
Since there are only 4 existing Elios and 0 pre-production models all mileage quotes are based on engineering data. A manual transmission usually offers better mpg than an auto but with a computer controlling the shifts the AMT can do better as long as you keep your foot out of it.

Top Bottom