• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Arcimoto Srk Ev

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It’s nice looking, short range and no windows for rain put a gas motor in it and I would consider it but needs doors windows etc
100 mile range, 0-60 in 7.5 minutes, will have full softshell or hardshell enclosure door options, I’m expecting delivery on Evergreen Edition #19 in August. Most fun I’ve had driving any vehicle.....quick, agile, sportscar like handling. Check out the specs and test drive if an opportunity arises in your neck of the woods. You may be pleasantly surprised by the Arcimoto.

Post #5 above was me back in 2014...........full circle back to the Arcimoto. :)

View attachment 23579 View attachment 23580

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You post is a good example of what it takes to get to production. You put a deposit on an Arcimoto back in 2012 and you will be finally getting one in 3 weeks. That's #19, so it's not like Arcimoto is cranking them out really fast. Plus you had to go for the super expensive one. This shows that eve with a niche play toy that's very simple to make, it takes years to get to production and even at that, it's just trickling out. For people thinking that a super complex three wheeler could be cranked out by June of 2014, you now see that's was never going to happen. This is why Elio still will need at least 5 more years to get to production. High volume and much more complex equals lots more time and money. If you notice, Solo has been at this for a while and they are trickling out but not anywhere close to the desired production rates.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It’s rather a good example of one startup making it to the start line and how long it takes to get through the required R&D, fund raising, validation testing, and the certification process to manufacture a three wheeler vehicle. Also, an indicator of the typical slow roll out of the first 100 retail pilot vehicles, tooling the plant for production scale, putting rentail/servicing outlets in place, and developing 2 additional vehicle Models to the Arcimoto Niche Play Toy (NPT) lineup: The Deliverator and Rapid Responder. AND sadly, an example of the 2 other startups I had refundable deposits on back in 2014 (Elio Marketing and Lit Motors) not making it.

Last edited:

mkiker2089

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm glad it made it but sad that another toy made it out before something useful. It's a sad world we live in. Toys and gas guzzling SUVs but very few good, affordable cars.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Arcimoto lineup will be providing very useful FUN utility vehicles for many private, public, and business owners, even though it doesn’t meet your personal needs. I think the Deliverator will sell to the rapidly expanding last mile delivery services markets. Public acceptance of a three wheeler commuter will ultimately determine sales numbers to the various market demographics over the next couple years. Heck, many SUVs you call gas guzzlers, some electric (MPGe), get very respectable MPG. Although I did find the Arcimoto fun to drive, it goes well beyond a toy for my application. I will likely use my FUV 80% of the time as my daily around town commuter while my gas guzzling (24 MPG) 2005 mid sized SUV sets in the garage to use for long road trips and lousy weather days. The exact planned use I had for my Elio. Sad world? maybe, but not based on the choices of vehicles we have to drive. You don’t know how good and/or how affordable the Elio is. We only have award winning marketing hype and that’s very sad.

The Arcimoto Rapid Responder & Deliverator Model line-up:
3FC0DC87-DACA-4E0F-8C32-2E1E1F5A67CD.jpeg

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Rick... Maybe you've stated before – but I don't recall.... Are you and your passengers going to wear helmets while on the roads?
84, No reason to wear a helmet. It would be the same as wearing a helmet in the Elio. However, I am required a motorcycle endorsement in Idaho and helmet laws are <18 years of age required. My wife and I plan on taking the written test in a week or so, and scheduling the riding test after taking delivery of our FUV. The FUV seating is equipped with a standard 3-point safety belt paired with a second 2-point belt over the opposing shoulder. I felt securely anchored against the seat back during my test drive. Very comfortable seat and upright sitting position, much like my SUV. I’ve never owned a motorcycle due to safety concerns and frankly don’t feel particiulary safe driving either the FUV OR the Elio in the event of a side impact collision, but just safe enough to purchase one. :) I plan to drive ‘motorcycle safe’ defensively and ready to act with zero distraction to avoid potential accident scenarios. The FUV sits as high as my SUV so its easier to see and be seen. Also, ordering the Yellow color, not my favorite, but highly visible for an extra margin of safety. FAQS regarding the FUV safety features below:

B6C1C0D0-03A0-4FF2-8D87-BBBD3CD218D9.jpeg

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It’s a good example of one startup making it to the start line and how long it takes to get through the required R&D, fund raising, validation testing, and the certification process to manufacture a three wheeler vehicle. Also, an indicator of the typical slow roll out of the first 100 retail pilot vehicles, tooling the plant for production scale, putting rentail/servicing outlets in place, and developing 2 additional vehicle Models to the Arcimoto Niche Play Toy (NPT) lineup: The Deliverator and Rapid Responder. AND sadly, an example of the 2 other startups I had refundable deposits on back in 2014 (Elio Marketing and Lit Motors) not making it.
This is where it shows that it's not been easy for Arcimoto but they didn;t just lay off the whole company as they burned through cash and put everything on hold. They did it slow and are dribbling out product. One thing they are doing is that they know they can only get investment if they are a one pony show. Thus the reason why they had to release the alternate versions that have a use in the fleet industry. If not, I bet some of the later funding would have never happened and thus people would still be waiting. One thing you don;t want Arcimoto to be, that's another Segway. Innovative product but after the initial "shiny produce syndrome" wore off, it was just, "Bug Deal" and thus the sales went into the toilet. It was very limited on use. Same for the Smart Car. They waited too long to try to help the sales but the wow factor was gone. The niche buyers all bought them and love them to death. Once you filled that market, nobody else wanted them. There was literally no other use for them and they proved to not be practical and not very fuel efficient verses the size of it.

Arcimoto has competition and that from companies like EZ-GO. The core market will be retired people that live on the coast and in a retirement community that usually has the obligatory golf course. It'll be Florida, California and Hawaii that will see the bulk of the sales. I know others will buy it but the market will be that. Thus why they needed to go after a few other markets because if not, 3 years from now Arcimoto would be out of business.

If Elio was smart, they would call Roush and have them mock up a delivery version of the Elio. Pretty much something like the rear upper portion of a Solo on an Elio. Make it like a mini mini van. Even have a side door (like on some camper shells). The inside looks like a pickup bed. That way it's way more versatile for the fleet industry. Since Roush are known for making world class Pizzamobiles, they could utilize that knowledge in an Elio. The current Elio is a no go for pizza delivery as you can't get a large Dominoes box through the rear hatch. You'd have to fold down the rear seat and access it through the side door and as we all know, that's never going to work for delivery. I measured the Elio the last time and it will not fit my small toolboxes I take when I visit customers. So it's a no go for business. Make a panel van version of the Elio, I'll buy two of them. It would be a tank and a half for my trips out to East Keester, Ohio.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The engineer responsible for the FUV’s drive train and suspension compared it’s performance and handling to his wife’s Miata, not the EZGO. My test drive verified his statement. The Arcimoto FUV and the EMV SOLO three wheeler commuter EVs have no competition. They will be the first to determine and prove market acceptance of three wheelers designed for the mass urban markets. I’m optimistic they will be successful paving the way for others to include Elio. Both startups were smart enough, from the get go, in planning to add additional models to their lineup to expand future sales options to help insure long term success. It’s simply a “smart” business model.

Last edited:

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
84, No reason to wear a helmet. It would be the same as wearing a helmet in the Elio. However, I am required a motorcycle endorsement in Idaho and helmet laws are <18 years of age required. My wife and I plan on taking the written test in a week or so, and scheduling the riding test after taking delivery of our FUV. The FUV seating is equipped with a standard 3-point safety belt paired with a second 2-point belt over the opposing shoulder. I felt securely anchored against the seat back during my test drive. Very comfortable seat and upright sitting position, much like my SUV. I’ve never owned a motorcycle due to safety concerns and frankly don’t feel particiulary safe driving either the FUV OR the Elio in the event of a side impact collision, but just safe enough to purchase one. :) I plan to drive ‘motorcycle safe’ defensively and ready to act with zero distraction to avoid potential accident scenarios. The FUV sits as high as my SUV so its easier to see and be seen. Also, ordering the Yellow color, not my favorite, but highly visible for an extra margin of safety. FAQS regarding the FUV safety features below:

View attachment 23587
Gotcha.... I was just wondering.
It’s a neat looking machine and I’m sure it would be fun to drive. No doubt about that.

Just my opinion, but I’m not so sure it would be like wearing a helmet in an Elio. Requirement wise - maybe... but safety wise I don’t think they’re quite the same. The Elio has (one day?) a door and a solid wall with glass. These will keep head, arms inside - typically. Unless you’re getting doors and glass.... I don’t think it’s quite the same.

Open back roads and slow city traffic, i’d Probably ride without a helmet. But in traffic thats faster and heavier, I might have to put a bucket on. ;)

Congrats of the new ride coming. Hope to hear all about it with photos.....

What color are you getting?

Top Bottom