• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tesla Cyber Truck Unveil / Test Ride

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I drove a Versa hatchback on vacation in Florida last year, it was a rental so bottom of the barrel base model. And it was surprisingly nice. The last cheap new car I bought was a 2006 Kia Rio LX ($12k, manual with power windows and AC), while that car was dead reliable the Versa felt lightyears ahead in fit, finish, and of course a decade's worth of tech. The Versa was not necessarily a thrill to drive with the small motor and CVT, but would make a fine commuter or small family vehicle. It had enough utility to not feel like it had to be an "and" car.

I agree that the Elio would be a driving experience unlike anything out there right now, that is the reason I am interested. But I am glad I did not wait for one when I first heard about them in 2015!

But assuming a 110 HP Elio drives and handles as fun as I imagine it would, yeah, I would pay $15k - $20k for one. Cheaper than a new Miata and likely more fun in everyday driving.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep... the Versa. Not a bad looking vehicle. Probably a good ride for the bucks. I knew a guy that bought a new one last year and loved it.

but.... it’s pretty “blah”. Looks like a Honda that looks like a Toyota that looks like a Hyundai.... etc, etc...

Elio? Nothing like it on the road. (Including the Elio.). Maybe one day......
Don't forget the whole concept of the ELIO- to make it the cheapest vehicle on the road and to take you TO and FROM your destination efficiently. What's not to like? We all fell for it. That's the whole reason why EM is struggling to get 'er done, they want it pretty, unique, efficient, safe and durable......and build it for a measly 7K! Nothing comes cheap if you want all that and be certified for Global roads. You want cheap? India knows how to build it cheap and efficient, EV or ICE, 3wheelers or 4, just can't bring it here...for now.

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is why Elio needs to sell an $18K version right now. it will get on the road and with the 84 mpg it gets, people will start to save money over that versa. With the Elio getting 110 hp and weighing in at 1350 lbs, it'll go as fast as the jet fighter inspired cockpit. Remember when you sat in it, it was just like an F15. Then when Elio gets done with the signature series models, then sell the $7450 ones. Think about it, FUV went into production with like a $65K model. No reason why Elio couldn't make an $18K one.
You know..... I’ve probably said before that I wouldn’t pay $18k for the Elio. It just hit me - with 110hp and that weight, it really would be a rocket. I’ve re-thought it... yeah, I’d plunk down $18k for one. Like yesterday.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You know..... I’ve probably said before that I wouldn’t pay $18k for the Elio. It just hit me - with 110hp and that weight, it really would be a rocket. I’ve re-thought it... yeah, I’d plunk down $18k for one. Like yesterday.
Just so you know, I'm just showing Paul that he needs to hire me as I'll be able to convert each one of you, one by one over to the $18K Elio Type R.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I drove a Versa hatchback on vacation in Florida last year, it was a rental so bottom of the barrel base model. And it was surprisingly nice.
I have rented a few Versas and they are pretty nice for the price. Much better than the Mitsu Mirage. The Versa is pretty big inside and the trunk can haul a good amount. I know it's not like a $35K car but for the price, Niissan did a good job. I suspect the newer one is better.

Top Bottom