• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tesla Cyber Truck Unveil / Test Ride

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd certainly welcome the attempt.
Instead of a basketball player driving the Elio, is there anyone here that would donate their time to Elio Motors to drive the Elio cross country to make the Tesla look like a joke? If we could find one person to do this, I know Paul would be tempted. I think that the LeBron James price tag would be a deal killer but a $1K all in, doing it because they want to prove the 84 mpg would really make Tesla look bad. Since this is the only Elio forum left on the planet, we know Paul reads it and will contact anyone who is up to the challenge. I would but I'm not a $1K all in. One of you others might have to take a week long vacation and do this.

ehwatt

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Instead of a basketball player driving the Elio, is there anyone here that would donate their time to Elio Motors to drive the Elio cross country to make the Tesla look like a joke? If we could find one person to do this, I know Paul would be tempted. I think that the LeBron James price tag would be a deal killer but a $1K all in, doing it because they want to prove the 84 mpg would really make Tesla look bad. Since this is the only Elio forum left on the planet, we know Paul reads it and will contact anyone who is up to the challenge. I would but I'm not a $1K all in. One of you others might have to take a week long vacation and do this.
I've got some free time.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would do it but I'm afraid a brand new 7k production ELIO (we're all fantasizing right now) will fall apart let alone drive it more than the speed limit. So I would require a tow truck following me the whole time!

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would do it but I'm afraid a brand new 7k production ELIO (we're all fantasizing right now) will fall apart let alone drive it more than the speed limit. So I would require a tow truck following me the whole time!
One of the last time's someone tried to test drive it, it keep stalling and at the end of the video (where the guy made the other one turn the cam off) the entire front fender came off.
https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/videos/a30189/elio-test-drive/

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would gladly take time off from work to drive the Elio across the country. I suspect it would have as good of a chance to making it, as a new Chevy Silverado truck. A couple of months ago, a brand new, loaded and gorgeous Silverado was parked next door. The visiting couple had purchased some furniture from my neighbor. After loading the goods, the couple jumped in the truck to leave and guess what happened? Nothing..... The less than one week old (and gorgeous) Silverado wouldn't turn on. No nothing. No clicks – no nothing. So here's a top of the line $65k + vehicle made by a 111 year old company, that wouldn't turn over.... leaving this young couple stranded miles from home. It was pretty amazing to see that brand new (and expensive) truck being loaded onto the flatbed – to take it BACK to their dealer.

So after seeing that episode – I would trust the Elio as much as I would a new Silverado.

I gladly volunteer to drive the Elio across the country. Worst thing that could happen is – I'd have to call a wrecker just like the $65k truck owner did.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So after seeing that episode – I would trust the Elio as much as I would a new Silverado.
The Elio will be more reliable. When you make over 800K Pickups per year, a few duds will come off the assembly line. When you have 5 hand built Elios, the chance of one of them failing is minimal, especially when that Elio cost about $20M to build as opposed to that $65K pickup.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Even if EM got back to their senses and re-priced it realistically at say 18k to compete somehow with another 3 wheeler SOLO (estimated delivery mid 2020) , they'll still be competing against this car:
Screenshot_20191210-074851.jpg

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep... the Versa. Not a bad looking vehicle. Probably a good ride for the bucks. I knew a guy that bought a new one last year and loved it.

but.... it’s pretty “blah”. Looks like a Honda that looks like a Toyota that looks like a Hyundai.... etc, etc...

Elio? Nothing like it on the road. (Including the Elio.). Maybe one day......

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep... the Versa. Not a bad looking vehicle. Probably a good ride for the bucks. I knew a guy that bought a new one last year and loved it.

but.... it’s pretty “blah”. Looks like a Honda that looks like a Toyota that looks like a Hyundai.... etc, etc...

Elio? Nothing like it on the road. (Including the Elio.). Maybe one day......
This is why Elio needs to sell an $18K version right now. it will get on the road and with the 84 mpg it gets, people will start to save money over that versa. With the Elio getting 110 hp and weighing in at 1350 lbs, it'll go as fast as the jet fighter inspired cockpit. Remember when you sat in it, it was just like an F15. Then when Elio gets done with the signature series models, then sell the $7450 ones. Think about it, FUV went into production with like a $65K model. No reason why Elio couldn't make an $18K one.

Top Bottom