• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Survey Said.....

how many options were offered by the survey to determine how much you would pay for A T

Votes: 10 34.5%

Votes: 1 3.4%

Votes: 17 58.6%

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

Injunjoe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I took the survey. I seem to remember the original figure was $800 more for the automatic. Now I am reconsidering reconsidering (yes it is not an error) manual vs automatic vs manual. I still stay with the manual. Wikipedia says that in 2008 manuals outnumbered all other transmissions in Europe three to one. I suspect that is true for everywhere else except here.

By the way, whenever I get good comments on my Geo metro their interest cools when I admit it has an automatic!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
3 choices $1500, $1200, $1000. chose manual, then told them if it was a true automatic transmission I'd pay their asking price, but for an AMT which I know nothing about, have no experience with and know no one who does, until I test drive one, and I have to make a choice today, give me a 5 speed manual. If the AMT works out and you people here on this site like yours, elio number 2 will have an automatic and I'll pay the going rate. Come on folks the cheapest car in America is the Smart for two, they are an import, they get the same mileage as my wifes impala, they sell for $12,000, I see them all the time, and they have an AMT. So we'll see, I still have plenty of time to decide for real, this was just a survey.
$12K for a Smart??? Maybe used; new MSRP on a Smart for 2 is $19, 230
Smart fortwo

A Nissan Versa is around $12K
low price cars.gif

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Yes, same as Frim, I wanted to thank RUCrayze and all others for the heads-up. I did the "marketing" thing and said no 3 times. :happy: :suspicious:

It's certainly a personal preference for everyone, weighing cost vs. desire. For me, I'd rather save the cost of the automatic tranny and go with the less expensive manual.

eliomotors.com/features has a nice list of the features, it may have been there a while and I'm just now noticing it. Also may have been there a while and I'm just now noticing it: "Standard 5-speed manual or available automatic transmission".

So yeah, it's pretty obvious that the automatic will be an option come production time. Help me remember, has it been this way for several months now?

Top Bottom