• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Regarding seats in general, if Lear makes them, and they fit on the industry-standard track, it shouldn't be hard to get and install pretty much any seat they make. I bet you can find them at your local junk yard, uh, "automotive parts repurposing and recycling facility." I belies the current seat is from a Mustang -- unless I'm mis-remembering.

How about one of these to go with the optional turbo?

http://www.lear.com/Site/Innovations/Lear-Crafted-Comfort-Connect.aspx

And Eagle Ottawa, leather supplier to Lear (and others). Good "taking care of leather" advice here, too: http://www.eagleottawa.com

And here's a set of 4 mustang leather seats (not heated) for $399 -- keep one, sell the rest for $150, and there you go: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-2014-M...ue-Stripe-Seats-Front-Rears-Set-/162080928404

Last edited:

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would like to think there is somebody at EM that monitors anything mentioned on the internet about Elio. That way they can address any issues that come up that might give EM a bad impression if necessary and correct any false information and set the record straight. Perhaps on their FB and in the weekly news letters. Also, I am pretty sure someone from EM lurks around here to see what us future OWNERS are thinking and saying, (taking our temperature so to speak). It would NOT surprise me if Paul himself has been here a few times or at least someone on his staff reporting back to him.

Disinformation is the tool
of the troll.....
image.jpeg

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
... until Coss gets his alternative together!
Say what??? I already have the gauges and the senders; I just need an Elio dash in an Elio to be able to figure out what it will take to install them.
So like my signature says "Yeah, You'll Coss'd the Elgin"
Regarding seats in general, if Lear makes them, and they fit on the industry-standard track, it shouldn't be hard to get and install pretty much any seat they make.
Ummm you left out a part on the seats; they have promised us a right side armrest. And the have repeatedly stated that it will be a part of the seat.
The Ford Vans are the only Ford seats that I can think of that would have an "inside" armrest.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Say what??? I already have the gauges and the senders; I just need an Elio dash in an Elio to be able to figure out what it will take to install them.
So like my signature says "Yeah, You'll Coss'd the Elgin"

Ummm you left out a part on the seats; they have promised us a right side armrest. And the have repeatedly stated that it will be a part of the seat.
The Ford Vans are the only Ford seats that I can think of that would have an "inside" armrest.
Thanks, I hadn't registered on that one! Why do you suppose they aren't moulding the arm rest into the side wall (not-a-door) on the right side? To make it adjustable, maybe?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, I hadn't registered on that one! Why do you suppose they aren't moulding the arm rest into the side wall (not-a-door) on the right side? To make it adjustable, maybe?
I asked them (I thought it would really balance the interior doing it like that) and I was told by 3 different reps on the tours, and twice now that I have written to EM about it and no one has been able to say why; but it will be on the seat.
This is a very important item to me; being disabled; I need the right armrest to be able to brace against it when I drive,
If it ends up that they don't put the right armrest in, it will be the 2nd stop after getting my windows tinted; boneyard to find an armrest that will work.
There are a lot of different vehicles I can get them from. Most likely something from Caddy or any full size car.
Mounting them isn't that hard (if you know what you're doing)

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The right side is further away from the seat than the left side. Shifter, park brake, and cup holder are between the seat and the side.

Top Bottom