• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Spot In Line Safe

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio claims that they were not taking deposits, just spots in line. With Byrnes announcement that they will put Elio coins ahead of spot in line people, they killed their argument. They will have to backtrack on Byrne's claims. By doing so, they would would have to honour spot in line reservationists ahead of Eliocoin or face legal repercussions by reservationists and/or the state of louisiana.

ABC123

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
It seems that Byrnes is saying things that may not be true regarding the coin line jumpers. When I asked Elio about this possibility, along with the upset nature of the SIL faithful, this was their response:

The Elio Customer Experience Team (Elio Motors)

May 10, 11:37 EDT

Hey Mark,
Not sure what you are referring to - have you seen something from us indicating a change in the SIL program?
Make sure to check out our blog at www.eliomotors.com/blog

Thank you,
The Elio Team

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul and Pat better get on the same page because this could really get people upset on both sides. If people find out that their Eliocoins will get them a car after the 65K are complete (which I think is the total production for the first year) that would mean that an Eliocoin holder would be waiting until October 24th, 2020 (assuming Elio gets full funding today). If I have to wait until then for the chance to get an Elio, I'd just skip on buying my Eliocoins and see what happens. There's no incentive for me to buy Eliocoins. Put me to the front of the line, then I'm interested. if not, then forget it.

On the other hand, Pat did claim that Elio needs only $200M and as we all know, that number is much higher according to Paul. Again, they need to have a meeting and have a united message as to what is going on.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It seems that Byrnes is saying things that may not be true regarding the coin line jumpers. When I asked Elio about this possibility, along with the upset nature of the SIL faithful, this was their response:

The Elio Customer Experience Team (Elio Motors)

May 10, 11:37 EDT

Hey Mark,
Not sure what you are referring to - have you seen something from us indicating a change in the SIL program?
Make sure to check out our blog at www.eliomotors.com/blog

Thank you,
The Elio Team
DIDN'T EM EVEN BOTHER TO READ THE TRANSCRIPT? O-M-G!

mkiker2089

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The spot in line has always been a bit fuzzy. The only ones with a spot in line now are the full $1000 backers and everyone at lower tiers can get jumped over at any time. The compromise, which seems reasonable until further analyzed, is to pull every eighth car for people with ElioCoins to purchase. There are a few questions raised by that however. Just pulling one out of eight is ok (with me anyway) if it really helped get the car funded. However does this

1- mean buying the coin is just buying a place in line on top of the price or is the coin redeemed penny for penny towards the car?
2- what about market fluctuations? Are Eliocoins going to be locked with the USD or are they going to be actual cryptocurrency to rise and fall like all other "coins?"
3- If the coin is going to be used like this then why have a coin at all? Why not just do the math now and offer a higher set of tier prices with real money? Pledge 2000 now and get car 8, the next person gets 16 unless someone drops in 3k and then they get 8 etc..

PA Car Guy

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elio claims that they were not taking deposits, just spots in line. With Byrnes announcement that they will put Elio coins ahead of spot in line people, they killed their argument. They will have to backtrack on Byrne's claims. By doing so, they would would have to honour spot in line reservationists ahead of Eliocoin or face legal repercussions by reservationists and/or the state of louisiana.

Just wondering if you could please point me to the statement about Elio Coins vs SIL. As an SIL holder I am concerned. thx

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just wondering if you could please point me to the statement about Elio Coins vs SIL. As an SIL holder I am concerned. thx
Pat Byrne made a comment about it in his shareholder meeting on OSTK 1Q shareholder. The thread here is "Interesting comments Pat Byrne and Paul Elio made today". Sorry I do not know how to post the thread.

Top Bottom