• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Spot In Line Safe

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just got this from Elio:

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)

May 11, 13:42 EDT

Hello _____,
Thanks so much for checking in- great to hear from you.
We will continue to communicate what we can when we can, and these details will be rolled out in the future, but please know that our $1,000 All-In reservation holders are very important to us and that their SILs will not change.
Thanks again.

Best,
The Elio Team

msmith5150

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll wait for more details before I flip out hard but all I know is there better not be any other regular citizen besides other $1000 all-in ticket holders getting their EMV before me! :eek:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just got this from Elio:

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)

May 11, 13:42 EDT

Hello _____,
Thanks so much for checking in- great to hear from you.
We will continue to communicate what we can when we can, and these details will be rolled out in the future, but please know that our $1,000 All-In reservation holders are very important to us and that their SILs will not change.
Thanks again.

Best,
The Elio Team
So... did EM just say that Patrick Byrne is basically spreading misinformation about them?
Where is the damage control crew? What kind of tight, coordinated ship is THIS supposed to be?

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's common for technical documents to use a numbering system that uses decimals to subdivide. Like 7.001.07 etc. With this numbering system they could have a 8.00 and then a 8.1, 8.2, 8.3 etc.

So the SIL could have all the whole numbers and there could be an infinite number between the whole numbers.
(I can hear the screaming already if they do this).
Not saying that they will do this, but Byrne might persuade Paul into some kind of deviation.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As having lots of experience in manufacturing engineering and planning, this is what I'd do. Bump up the production by 1/8th. So instead of making 65k the first year, they make more. So everyone still gets their car but when it comes to manufacturing, you as a person will never know if your car comes off the line 2 minutes later than what you expect (I'm using 2 minutes as a generic example). It really shouldn't matter if I get my car in the first month because you'll still get your car within a few minutes of what you were going to get it anyway. If you have been waiting 5 years, what's another 2 minutes? The only ones upset are the ones that think it's not fair but what they need to remember is that the unfair people that are rich will get you your Elio as opposed to waiting indefinitely. Elio is going to bring in way more money than needed and they can make way more than 65K in the first 12 months. That's a great situation to be in.

You have to decide. Complain or just celebrate you'll finally be getting your Elio. If I were you, I'd be celebrating.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused. I thought the ElioCoin was a cryptocurrency which would NOT have anything to do with SIL. But they could be used, like other currencies, to purchase an Elio. Being a Securities Cryptocurrency just adds a component of backing beyond merely fiat currencies, but it's still a currency, worth only what people are willing to pay for it.

I'm convinced BitCoin is only desirable because of it's ability to launder illegal and ill gotten gains. And additional illegal laundering is an ongoing need of the criminal element which supplies ongoing demand.

mkiker2089

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We are all missing a big point, who's to say that Elio Coins won't be offered to SIL holders first? It's always been know that when your number is called you either pay up or go back in line. Maybe the coin is a way of getting the line sorted out, triage or something like that.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We are all missing a big point, who's to say that Elio Coins won't be offered to SIL holders first? It's always been know that when your number is called you either pay up or go back in line. Maybe the coin is a way of getting the line sorted out, triage or something like that.

Elio themselves said it: "Specifically, the ElioCoin STO is expected to be conducted under both Regulation D and Regulation S under the Securities Act of 1933, with initial tokens being sold only to institutional accredited investors. It is expected that the STO will include a pre-sale of the ElioCoin."

That was in the April 25, 2018 press release: https://www.eliomotors.com/overstock-com-to-purchase-common-stock-in-elio-motors/

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Even in that case, EM is still going back on its word. Part of what we were putting money toward was supposed to be:
Being contacted via SIL a couple of months before our vehicle was to to actually be assembled to finalize it's options and configuration.
Elio Motors has always maintained that the balance would not be due until then. No matter how it's dressed up and no matter what it's called...
Blackmailing us into paying in full long before production begins by threatening us with the loss of our SIL breaks the conditions of our reservation.

Last edited:

mkiker2089

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio themselves said it: "Specifically, the ElioCoin STO is expected to be conducted under both Regulation D and Regulation S under the Securities Act of 1933, with initial tokens being sold only to institutional accredited investors. It is expected that the STO will include a pre-sale of the ElioCoin."

That was in the April 25, 2018 press release: https://www.eliomotors.com/overstock-com-to-purchase-common-stock-in-elio-motors/

Not entirely locked in stone. Institutions won't buy the cars. Well some may but the wording makes it seem to me that either the coins are for part of the profits or to be sold by said institutions.

Even in that case, EM is still going back on its word. Part of what we were putting money toward was supposed to be:
Being contacted via SIL a couple of months before our vehicle was to to actually be assembled to finalize it's options and configuration.
Elio Motors has always maintained that the balance would not be due until then. No matter how it's dressed up and no matter what it's called...
Blackmailing us into paying in full long before production begins by threatening us with the loss of our SIL breaks the conditions of our reservation.

It's still months before the hypothetical production and paying either in full or through financing has always been a part of buying all cars. They made it clear that financing would be third party. Brokered by them, but still third party.

I could be wrong, I'm just saying that we don't know yet. We will just have to see if the plant gets any activity. I expect that in a few months (3 maybe) we will either see them spending money or we will see them fade back into the shadow. Either way we should know something when the weather starts to cool.

Top Bottom