• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Shreveport Plant Operations And Personnel Questions

Newworld

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I was 30 miles from the GM building where the Elio will be manufactured, I drove by this morning (Sunday) to see if there was grass growing in the parking lot, or if the gate was even open. The gate was open and three four wheel cars where parked outside. No grass growing in the parking lot.

The building is BEYOND ENORMOUS. I drove over 1/3 of a mile with huge buildings interconnected by tractor trailer parking lots. I have world travel experience and I've never seen anything even close to this huge under roof. Little wonder Elio will not need a full assembly line, but the building is so vast you'd have to see it to believe it. I thought about taking a picture, but anything except from the air would not begin to do justice. Now, to get the assembly line going!!

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since I was 30 miles from the GM building where the Elio will be manufactured, I drove by this morning (Sunday) to see if there was grass growing in the parking lot, or if the gate was even open. The gate was open and three four wheel cars where parked outside. No grass growing in the parking lot.

The building is BEYOND ENORMOUS. I drove over 1/3 of a mile with huge buildings interconnected by tractor trailer parking lots. I have world travel experience and I've never seen anything even close to this huge under roof. Little wonder Elio will not need a full assembly line, but the building is so vast you'd have to see it to believe it. I thought about taking a picture, but anything except from the air would not begin to do justice. Now, to get the assembly line going!!
Well, that certainly is progress, Newworld. I mean, finding the gate open and actually being able to drive around the place.

Thanks for the update! :D

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, that certainly is progress, Newworld. I mean, finding the gate open and actually being able to drive around the place.

Thanks for the update! :D

Very Cool you are only 30 miles from the Elio Plant. You can give us a weekly live report maybe even an occasional photo? Maybe one day you could walk in with an employment application and check the lay of the land to locate the drive test track and snap an additional photo or two? Thank you MusicMan! you let the cat out of the bag (only 30 miles away).
Terrence:)

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Hey, I got a great idea! We can all stay at Newworld's house when we go to pick up our cars.

Let vote who thinks we should stay at Newworld's house, he has beer I believe?

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey, I got a great idea! We can all stay at Newworld's house when we go to pick up our cars.

Let vote who thinks we should stay at Newworld's house, he has beer I believe?
Yes, Musicman I replied to you when I should have directed it to Newworlds. Hope it is understood you you and everyone else since I repeatedly mention the location 30 miles away.
thank you,
Terrence:)

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
has there been any mention of the ability to actually "see" your vehicle being built ?

CorbinMotors did this for the few short months they were in production …it was fun !

em

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
has there been any mention of the ability to actually "see" your vehicle being built ?

CorbinMotors did this for the few short months they were in production …it was fun !

em

I actually directly asked Elio VP Jerome Vassallo about this just last weekend and he said it was still early to know for sure but it was definitely something they are seriously considering.

Top Bottom