• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Seriously? You Have To Provide Your Own Water Bottle For The Windshield Washer?

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't forget to use a metric funnel when changing your blinker fluid.
About 20 years ago someone I knew got charged $126 for "rotating the ball joints".
The receipt was broken down into individual sections for parts and labor.
There were no new or used ball joints listed on the receipt.
The ball joints did not appear to be new on the vehicle.
It was a charge for simply "rotating the ball joints".
She was charged new part prices for the parts on other repairs too.
I found nothing but used (or not even replaced at all?) parts where those new parts should have been.
The mechanic did a booming business and had three other people working for him.
He made a fortune getting away with stuff like this for years because he was a good BS'er.

Last edited:

fpelsdca

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK you got me on that one. How can it matter with a hammer? Or is that a joke? :)
Just like my childhood, growing up Left-Handed. I had to learn everything Right-Handed as we did not have Left-Handed Basketballs, or Left-Handed Footballs. I even had to learn Tennis with a Right-Handed tennis racket. Today I do everything Right-Handed except eating and writing.

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I stepped in a few years ago when a Citroen main agent tried to charge my wife for a set of new spark plugs, on her diesel engined car! In addition to fitting a whole list of parts not asked for, including two new tyres (at double the proper retail price), new wiper blades, new orange indicator bulbs. The car only went in for an oil change service and no extra parts had been authorised. They claimed the work was required to make the car roadworthy. However it had a full MOT certificate obtained only a few days before. They then claimed the work had been authorised by myself after they phoned me. I asked them how they knew who I was and how they had obtained my phone number, they were lying. The total cost demanded was almost four times the quoted cost of the service asked for and authorised!

Needless to say, they didn't get all the money they asked for! I told them I was going to make two phone calls and the second was to the government trading standards department. They immediately backed down. A week or so later I read in the local newspaper that they had been fined £5000 for misdemeanours with another customer, regarding false advertising. They no longer trade.

How did we get on this subject? Sorry for major thread drift!

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I stepped in a few years ago when a Citroen main agent tried to charge my wife for a set of new spark plugs, on her diesel engined car! In addition to fitting a whole list of parts not asked for, including two new tyres (at double the proper retail price), new wiper blades, new orange indicator bulbs. The car only went in for an oil change service and no extra parts had been authorised. They claimed the work was required to make the car roadworthy. However it had a full MOT certificate obtained only a few days before. They then claimed the work had been authorised by myself after they phoned me. I asked them how they knew who I was and how they had obtained my phone number, they were lying. The total cost demanded was almost four times the quoted cost of the service asked for and authorised!

Needless to say, they didn't get all the money they asked for! I told them I was going to make two phone calls and the second was to the government trading standards department. They immediately backed down. A week or so later I read in the local newspaper that they had been fined £5000 for misdemeanours with another customer, regarding false advertising. They no longer trade.

How did we get on this subject? Sorry for major thread drift!
Good one.
Were they right or left handed spark plugs?

ArthurKent

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I consider Elio's engineering of the washer fluid absolutely inspired. In most cars I've owned, its impossible to see the level of the fluid
and you aways end up with having a partialy full bottle to store in your house somewhere, and you're guaranteed too
lose it before you need it next time. Obviously Elio will provide a hose line attached to a cap that will fit all gallon washer fluid jugs.
Makes it a snap to see whether you need fluid and no need for a funnel or the typical spillage you always get because you can't see when it's full. I am very impressed by Elios ability to innovate and make things cheaper, simpler and better.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I consider Elio's engineering of the washer fluid absolutely inspired. In most cars I've owned, its impossible to see the level of the fluid
and you aways end up with having a partialy full bottle to store in your house somewhere, and you're guaranteed too
lose it before you need it next time. Obviously Elio will provide a hose line attached to a cap that will fit all gallon washer fluid jugs.
Makes it a snap to see whether you need fluid and no need for a funnel or the typical spillage you always get because you can't see when it's full. I am very impressed by Elios ability to innovate and make things cheaper, simpler and better.
Me too! I love the opportunity to personalize my Elio. How about a combination windshield washer and anti car jacking device. Those who still remember the remote spotlight controllable from inside can adapt this idea to a windshield cleaner. Keep it pointed towards the windshield as needed then upon perceiving a threat from an approaching hijacker simply aim and spay that bad boy with ammonia. LOL
Maybe I can get with a toy company to design one that looks like an innocent spotlight rather than a radar gun as seen here.

41clou5QZ3L.jpg

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I too think this is a great idea! It may not be a huge money saving idea but it shows the vision that Elio has.

Top Bottom